Partner Visa Info.

malik8

I have Australian PR. Currently, I am offshore (out side Australia) and visited Australia February, 2015 so that PR doesn't expire / void.

Also, I recently got married. My question is can I apply for partner visa while me and my wife are both offshore (out side Australia)?

I had pr and had never lived in Oz only activated my visa 3 years previously. My partner applied for partner visa with me as sponser, off shore and it was granted. We did however, arrive in Oz with him on a tourist visa as my visa was due to expire, keeping our case officer fully informed of our plans. It was 8 months post application and 3 days prior to mine expiring so couldn't leave it any longer and that was when it was 8-9 months processing times. He got his visa granted a few days after we arrived so then had to go off shore. If we hadn't arrived in Oz it may not have been granted. Who knows??

Yes and No. I heard contradicting info on this. While DIAC website says otherwise, it is still possible for a PR who is offshore to apply for a partner visa and I know a person who go it that way. May be what they are looking for is intent to move back?? Do check with an agent as partner visas are quite expensive.

Archived