Why does Australian immigration use your lowest IELTS band score?

Robwilliams1983

DIBP make the rules and they have decided that an applicant must have at least the minimum score in all components and it makes sense to me. I can read and write another language very well, my spoken language is just passable and am absolutely hopeless at understanding it when it's spoken at normal speed. If I were to do the IELTS equivalent for that language, I would get a passing average but wouldn't actually be able to manage on a day to day basis and that's what English testing is all about for Australian immigration purposes.

If you can't manage IELTS, try PTE Academic. According to posts on the following thread, it appears to have some degree of averaging.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/227823-any-one-done-pearsons-english-test-yet.html#post1936715800

I can't find this information anywhere on the Internet, why does Australia immigration use your lowest IELTS band score when it comes to awarding you points? Seems weird that your overall score is not used

They used too however they do it to make more money. Its very common to get a high enough score in 3 sections of the test and fail the other section. And then you do the test again then you have a different section and pass the section that you failed previously.

Archived