Advice

Matthew Brown

"At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification "

I know I'm most likely doing a lot of heads in but just getting sound advice so I have my facts - does the above mean the diploma not required?

Note the non-specific phrasing of the above. "At least three years may substitute for the formal quals [...]" and "in some instances [...] training may be required"

It's all fairly woolly as presumable it varies by company/person/role. So I don't think anyone can say that a diploma is definitely not required.

Thank you all for the comments some very interesting points to consider.

Reviewing the CSOL in more detail today I think the only option I have is the program and project administrator which doesn't necessary require a qualification just experience.

My role at the moment is running reports for managers on specific criteria and data they will require and prior to that I was doing a purchase ledger role on Finance.

I do know they have tightened the subclass 457 for this job description but I think I am right in saying my best chance?

If you want to be sponsored for a 457 as a Project and Program Administrator, you MUST have a skills assessment from VETASSESS - this provision was implemented to stop dodgy applications.

The VETASSESS criteria for a positive skills assessment are utterly inflexible and are:

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

The responsibilities and tasks of a Program or Project Administrator relate to the administration of specific programs or projects. General clerical/administrative support for a business or organisation is not the same as program or project administration and will not be assessed positively for this occupation. Employment evidence provided must ideally specify the specific projects or programs that have been administered by the applicant.

A highly relevant field of study would be Project Management. Other fields of study may be considered on a case-by-case basis if they are highly relevant to the industry or sector in which the applicant has project management experience.

Edited by Ozmaniac

So Basically to summarise all the above , for me to find sponsorship I'll need to find a company that has a relevant position listed on the CSOL that is suited to my qualifications? which is unlikely as I only have a AAT qualification to my name

if I get employed by a company in OZ and the role is not on the CSOL I.E I get a book keeping role for an accountancy company the company will be unable to sponsor anyway even if they wanted to ?

As I'm only likely to be in OZ 7 months with the above the prospect of getting a temp 457 would seem impossible ? Can't do RSMS as don't have a SOL occupation and same applies with family sponsorship I take it?

So Basically to summarise all the above , for me to find sponsorship I'll need to find a company that has a relevant position listed on the CSOL that is suited to my qualifications? which is unlikely as I only have a AAT qualification to my name

if I get employed by a company in OZ and the role is not on the CSOL I.E I get a book keeping role for an accountancy company the company will be unable to sponsor anyway even if they wanted to ?

As I'm only likely to be in OZ 7 months with the above the prospect of getting a temp 457 would seem impossible ? Can't do RSMS as don't have a SOL occupation and same applies with family sponsorship I take it?

To summarise, this just isn't going to happen for you at the moment. I think the best thing you can do, is knuckle down and top up your qualifications and get more work experience, then look at it again in the future.

family sponsorship is a dead end as you need an occupation on the SOL, they must live in regional Australia, and processing for this visa is not quick.