What do you wish you had taken to Aus with you?

kde2014

As my list of things to do/ take grows are there any major things which you miss most about the UK (other than friends and family of course!!) from a point of view that you can't get it/them in Australia or just way to expensive?? Just getting shipping quotes and weighing up price of shipping versus buying in Aus. Any comments gratefully received..... My son is concerned that we won't get PG tips and digestive biscuits!!!

As my list of things to do/ take grows are there any major things which you miss most about the UK (other than friends and family of course!!) from a point of view that you can't get it/them in Australia or just way to expensive?? Just getting shipping quotes and weighing up price of shipping versus buying in Aus. Any comments gratefully received..... My son is concerned that we won't get PG tips and digestive biscuits!!!

You will be able to buy these in Woolworths and in Coles supermarkets.

Bag full of electronics - laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, you name it. Our laptop is about to die and I`ve discovered that the price is twice here than in the USA :(. Can`t order on Amazon because these items are not eligible for international shipping. Going to Europe in winter/summer lol and have a big shopping list for my BIL who is coming from the USA to meet us there. Children`s shoes would be another one. They always wore Stride Rite and here it`s about 30 $ more per pair. Just paid 220 $ for 2 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair of mary janes. In the US this would have cost me 110 $.

Things I wished I'd brought....emmm, my VW camper van as I miss her soo much.......Chocolate....proper stuff, Cadbury's not the same here.....although I have discovered TimTams, so I am happy:wink:

I love my Aussie camper so much I am taking her back with me!

There is nothing I wish I had brought but didn't. I did bring a full container with all my things, but there is nothing I wish I had stocked up on. Australia has goods. I always thought as I am moving, I will accept whatever goods Australia has on offer, just like millions of Australians do.

Bag full of electronics - laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, you name it. Our laptop is about to die and I`ve discovered that the price is twice here than in the USA :(. Can`t order on Amazon because these items are not eligible for international shipping. Going to Europe in winter/summer lol and have a big shopping list for my BIL who is coming from the USA to meet us there. Children`s shoes would be another one. They always wore Stride Rite and here it`s about 30 $ more per pair. Just paid 220 $ for 2 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair of mary janes. In the US this would have cost me 110 $.

http://www.priceusa.com.au/index.html

http://www.myus.com/en/ship-to-australia/

A couple of sites that can arrange for shipping of most goods from US to Australia, even if the website does not allow international shipping and/or international cards.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived