Transferring money from the uk to Aus

Beka14

Hi

just wondering who everyone used when moving over from the UK to Australia. As it's everything we have we are having trust issues as well trying to get the best deal for our pound. We switched a tiny amount online through our own bank in the uk to our new bank in Australia but the amount we got on that transaction turned out to be poor, so thinking if we transfer the whole amount we are going to lose out on a lot of dollars. Any advice on past experience would be very welcome.

Beka x

If you want the best deal for your money, you would need to use a Currencyfair/Transferwise type of provider where you lose very little of your money. I have transferred a fair chunk through Currencyfair with no dramas.

If you have trust issues maybe you would prefer a bigger brand like Moneycorp, but you will be paying for the extra peace of mind as your rate won't be anywhere near as competitive.

• 4 months later...
Hi

just wondering who everyone used when moving over from the UK to Australia. As it's everything we have we are having trust issues as well trying to get the best deal for our pound. We switched a tiny amount online through our own bank in the uk to our new bank in Australia but the amount we got on that transaction turned out to be poor, so thinking if we transfer the whole amount we are going to lose out on a lot of dollars. Any advice on past experience would be very welcome.

Beka x

I would highly recommend UK Forex.. Have been transacting with them for the last 2 years and I regularly transfer GBP --> AUD... Their rates are very competitive, very simple and secure to use and the transfer takes place in a day's time...

Hi

we've used Moneycorp on several occasions now and have been very happy with the service. If you have over 100k to send they will offer better rates than those shown on their site. No charges for poms in Oz members either. I know how you feel about trust issues, when we made our first transfer I was nervous but it turned out to be so easy. If you are sending them a large amount of money they hold it in a client's account like a solicitor does. Hope that helps.

Julie

We have been using HiFX for the last four years AUD to GBP, with no issues and comparing with other companies, at the time of transfer, we have always got the best transfer rate. I will be using them again when we are ready to transfer some GBP to AUD.

Archived