Flights and airlines

Aaronspark

Whenever possible I fly with Qantas. Cannot fault them. Decent enough food and good in flight service. It also helps having frequent flyer points, I am currently well on my way to a free flight back to the UK. (hint; get a credit card which earns ff points and join rental rewards so that you can pay rent with your credit card - points soon add up,)

Qatar airways - appalling. They over booked my flight and sent me to Manchester (not Heathrow) when we arrived at Manchester we had to march from one end of the airport to another dragging our cases. Food and inflight entertainment all pretty ordinary. Give them a miss IMHO.

Singapore airlines were great, as are Emirates.

Whenever possible I fly with Qantas. Cannot fault them. Decent enough food and good in flight service. It also helps having frequent flyer points, I am currently well on my way to a free flight back to the UK. (hint; get a credit card which earns ff points and join rental rewards so that you can pay rent with your credit card - points soon add up,)

Qatar airways - appalling. They over booked my flight and sent me to Manchester (not Heathrow) when we arrived at Manchester we had to march from one end of the airport to another dragging our cases. Food and inflight entertainment all pretty ordinary. Give them a miss IMHO.

Singapore airlines were great, as are Emirates.

Sounds like you had some bad luck there. I've flown with Qatar three times and think they are very good. There isn't a whole separating the top airlines tbf, but Qatar's Economy seemed to have the best pitch and legroom of their competitors.

Hi. Just been looking into these stopover deals with Singapore Airlines. Have you tried it yourself? If so, would you recommend it for children too? Might be nice to break it up a bit as the last leg to Brisbane isn't as long a flight either. They have stopover holidays on their site with or without attractions. Not too sure what the attractions include yet. Any ideas?

I haven't done a deal with them in recent years but I always found them to be the most accommodating and helpful of people and the hotels they use are good quality , only 2 things to note are that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore and alchohol in hotels and restaurants is mega expensive, or at least it used to be, so just check that out before gaily ordering, as an experience you should go to Raffles for the indian buffet for a treat, also sunday lunch with champagne both expensive but just a experience all on their own and gin slings in Raffles bar is an expensive tourist experience, it's not all expensive tho, you can eat and drink for a reasonable price in lots of places tho and prices for taxis are very reasonable, things are well regulated but except for the mega big sale in the summer, check out when it is, prices of fashion etc is not cheap.

There is a holiday resort with children's attractions outside of singapore which might be included in their deals and I think the transit system goes out to it and the transit is cheap and easy to use, singapore is a very sanitized version of the east , very law abiding, very westernised but still with malay/chinese dominant.

Singapore airport is worth a visit just to see how an airport can be a civilised place.

we have just booked direct with singapore airlines. Best deal we could get. Tried with Flight checker, but they could not match singapore direct because of low number of seats left for September dates. Going with them again in January since we will have my assistance dog with me and it is the only flight that we can get him over on.

I've always flown with Singapore Air because when I have wanted to fly they've been cheapest with only one stop between Darwin and London and have a good air miles redemption scheme. I find the customer service is not to great behind the scenes but the staff on the flights are really good.