Hello! Problem with name on UK passport?

Charlottiel

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum so forgive me if I’m doing anything wrong ;)

My husband and I our looking into applying for a subclass 189 visa shortly, he’s on the skilled occupation list.

Just one simple thing concerning us at the moment is that we recently married (Dec 14) and my UK passport is still in my previous name. (We have holidays booked in April and Sept)

Does anyone know if it’s OK to apply with my current passport as it is or should we wait until after September when I renew it with my married name?

I’m finding it difficult to find any info.

Thanks very much :smile:

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum so forgive me if I’m doing anything wrong ;)

My husband and I our looking into applying for a subclass 189 visa shortly, he’s on the skilled occupation list.

Just one simple thing concerning us at the moment is that we recently married (Dec 14) and my UK passport is still in my previous name. (We have holidays booked in April and Sept)

Does anyone know if it’s OK to apply with my current passport as it is or should we wait until after September when I renew it with my married name?

I’m finding it difficult to find any info.

Thanks very much :smile:

You can leave it in your maiden name if you like, it doesn't have to be changed at all.

However if you do decide to change it, you just do what MaggieMay has said :)

I was in exactly the same position...I did the initial steps - skills assessment, IELTS and EOI with my passport in my maiden name and then just before we actually lodged the visa application I renewed my passport and got my name changed to my married name. Couldn't do it any earlier because we also had holidays booked

Archived