Cost per square metre, roughly, for part container?

We've discovered we can't use the Movecube :(

Reason is most of our goods are books, which weigh far more than most other stuff. Even half-filling a large Movecube with books would take it over the weight limit. However we don't have enough for a full container.

So now we're trying to decide what to take and not to take. It would be helpful to know a very rough cost per square metre from Australia to the UK - does such a thing exist?

It would be helpful to know a very rough cost per square meter from Australia to the UK - does such a thing exist?

Most international removals companies work on cubic feet rather than square metres, and it's difficult to do per cubic foot because we get better rates for higher volumes...however, as a guide, you could be looking at around £500 for 100cubic feet to £2100 for 500cubic feet (just under half a container). That's based on full packing but not including customs fees.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

We are moving back in May and we are useing a 20 ft container and the cost is $8400.00 we had five quotes and they all came in at roughly the same amount, thsi isn't sharing a container which is cheaper but, you may be waiting awhile if they can't fill the container and they won't move it until it is full

We are moving back in May and we are useing a 20 ft container and the cost is $8400.00 we had five quotes and they all came in at roughly the same amount, thsi isn't sharing a container which is cheaper but, you may be waiting awhile if they can't fill the container and they won't move it until it is full

Thanks, but even if we didn't throw out a thing, we wouldn't have enough to fill a container - we have a two bedroom flat.

We've discovered we can't use the Movecube :(

Reason is most of our goods are books, which weigh far more than most other stuff. Even half-filling a large Movecube with books would take it over the weight limit. However we don't have enough for a full container.

So now we're trying to decide what to take and not to take. It would be helpful to know a very rough cost per square metre from Australia to the UK - does such a thing exist?

Hi, we are the same thinking of booking a Movecube but I also have some costs from Overseas Packers & Shippers which is 10m3 at $3095 and 6m3 for $2065 both include $65 for a TV box . I did contact a few others and the price was roughly the same but these claim to be the only Australian FIDI company, I haven't checked to see if that is true.

Hi, we are the same thinking of booking a Movecube but I also have some costs from Overseas Packers & Shippers which is 10m3 at $3095 and 6m3 for $2065 both include $65 for a TV box . I did contact a few others and the price was roughly the same but these claim to be the only Australian FIDI company, I haven't checked to see if that is true.

You can find a list of FIDI companies here https://www.fidi.org/find-a-fidi-company-country?field_address_country=AU

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...