Passing ielts

Pink bear natz

Hi my husband has recently re sit the ielts test can anyone advise if the good scores he got in speaking and listening previously be used in his recent grades or is it a case where the previous scores and done and dusted and the overall score is based on the latest results

(hope this makes sense!)

for eg last scores r7 l8.5 s8 w7.5 overall 7.5

re sit score r8 l8 s 7.5 w8 overall 7.5

but using the previous listening and speaking scores makes overall 8

All results must be from the same test - it isn't possible to combine scores from two or more tests. You could however apply for a re-mark of the Speaking component on that second test. If a re-mark improves his score from 7.5 to 8, he would be able to claim all 8s from that test.

It costs about £60 to remark. I tried one for writing but no change. If it's writing or speaking and your half a mark off. I would try the remark but do not try if it's in reading or listening. Good luck lots on here have been through it several times.

Fair enough.. I only did a little research into getting remarked and felt it wasn't worth it. I also don't think they realise that most of us do not have 3 months to spare when waiting for a remark.

Hi my husband has recently re sit the ielts test can anyone advise if the good scores he got in speaking and listening previously be used in his recent grades or is it a case where the previous scores and done and dusted and the overall score is based on the latest results

(hope this makes sense!)

for eg last scores r7 l8.5 s8 w7.5 overall 7.5

re sit score r8 l8 s 7.5 w8 overall 7.5

but using the previous listening and speaking scores makes overall 8

If he doesn't get the required scores this time maybe try the PTE test instead. You can get test dates in a few days and results a few days later. None of the waiting around rubbish you get with IELTS. Also some say it is easier.... never done it myself but the fast turn around is a selling points :)

Fair enough.. I only did a little research into getting remarked and felt it wasn't worth it. I also don't think they realise that most of us do not have 3 months to spare when waiting for a remark.

I think they do, it's just not their problem!

Archived