Scaffolding in Perth

xelishaxcx

Hi everyone

Im asking on behalf of my partner

We are aiming to emigrate to Perth in January 2016

He is a scaffolder just about to do his part one (next month) hoping that by January he will be on his part2.

Are there any scaffolders out in perth? if so how easy is it to get a job out there? will he struggle or are scaffolders wanted in that area?

is it possible to get a job whilst still in the UK or do they prefer face-to-face interviews?

Thanks in advance =)

Scaffolding is classed as a high risk occupation, and he will have to obtain local training and qualifications once you are in Aus, the UK qualifications may be good for actually getting a Visa, but not much use once you are in Aus, all of which means you will most likely not be able to secure employment before leaving the UK either, sorry but I don't think there is anyway around this. google - scaffold training Western Australia - for an indication on courses and costs.

Good luck.

Thanks for the Reply!

The skill for the visa would be coming from myself anyway as a nurse but i think he is hoping to continue his scaffolding over in Aus, we will have to look into the qualifications and training for him.

Thanks for your help =)

Look into rigging over here. Damn good money. Our neighbour is a crane driver and his sons riggers. One of them did a motorbike mechanics apprenticeship and his brother went straight into rigging. The one who did the apprenticeship quit as soon as he'd finished and went rigging, as he'd seen how much his brother was earning.

Rigging sounds really good, he has mentioned that before!

hes a money grabber so i dont think he really cares about what career he goes into. hes just coming over on my visa.

Is rigging hard to get into or are they looking for workers alot over there?

Thanks

The neighbour I know who went into it after his brother, left his motorbike mechanic job, did a few weeks course and was rigging on the same money as his bro straight after. He's not looked back.

Archived