Moved to WA with CPC Engineering ??

KimberleeG92

I'm sure there's plenty to do for families. They have a decent outdoor pool for one, would be great in summer. Not too far from some glorious beaches and scenery in Esperance. Loved it there and if it was closer to Perth we would go a lot more.

400k each way with kids in the back of the car, not exactly the same as a day out to Brighton or Margate.....ha

Hey, I can't imagine the town being as bad as people say, yes it's a mining town but can't imagine workers wanting to do the same things a family would and vice versa.

Im not booking a seat for my little one but I am flying with Emirates and I have booked a bassinet so we can put him down as he is a wriggler.

If your going out with children who are of school age and are on a 457 visa you pay a contribution towards education if your children are going to attend a state funded school, it starts/started this year, and I think it's $4000 first child $2000 each for additional children per year so stresstmum if you don't know about this it will be costly for you with 3 boys but I'd look into it properly.

##### actually just read they may be changing this again so might not affect us

they did want my partner out there as soon as possible but we were going to take our cats and there vaccinations take 6months which is why we booked our ticket for June although we have needed this time as we have sold everything and needed a bit extra time to save money.

400k each way with kids in the back of the car, not exactly the same as a day out to Brighton or Margate.....ha

No I don't think you'd make the effort for a day. Weekend could be OK, 4 hours is not a bad trip, not like you are going to be sat in traffic like you could on a trip to Brighton or Margate and there's really nice beaches when you get there. Not a donkey, punch and Judy or slot machine arcade in site, you can even take the car on the beach.:cool: Come to think of it it could take you four hours getting to Margate or Brighton. Specially if you had the highly unlikely event of good weather. Seems like the whole of the South of England has had the same idea on those days. Parking costs alone would pay for the fuel in Aus.

sounds lovely!! it would be quicker than going anywhere in the uk for us we live in pembrokeshire south west wales so you can imagine how long it takes to get to somewhere like alton towers !

No traffic sounds like a holiday in itself! xx

This is me just seeing the replies yes KimberleeG92 please keep us informed when you get there my other half is starting 14th Septemeber and it is going to be a struggle being apart but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run and as for the beaches being so far away we live in Ayrshire in Scotland and usually travel four hours or so to Yorkshire every year so we are used to the long drive to get to our destination as long as there is plenty of things for the kids to do locally in the interim. The kids are school age but I was under the understanding that it was $4,000 per family in WA x

• 1 month later...

He wont need a medical. I found out i was pregnant but was not far along.. they sent a rewuest for me to have a medical only because im pregnant my husband and daughter dont need one :-) No i understand we submitted our application beginning of june 2 weeks later had a request for a medical for me booked it for 2 weeks after n that was last week so they should have the info this week and then were just waiting. If he goes out in october he will be starting with my husband :-) but hope it comes bk soon for u!! x x x x

No honestly dont worry anytime. Iv added a site on facebook called kalgoorlie mums n lots of the mums have emailed me asking to meet up and said they would show me around take us along to town n playgroups so if u decide to come out there r loads of ppl in the same position as u :-) im gng out with a 1 year old (next month) and pregnant ( will be 27 weeks when we fly ) . So u can imagine how stressed i am haha but im sure everything will b fine and ill give u an honest opinion on the life out there x

Oh my youll be busy then!! I'll let you know when the visa granted and hopefully we'll be joining him early next year we have three boys ten seven and five and didn't want to uproot them until he knows how it will be but employers have said meeting other people is a must so it's good to know others are in same position x

yes its so far away and such a strange place that its hard to get a feel for it. But i will give u an honest opinion on having little ones out there and in general its a huge move especially when ur children understand that they r leaving my daighter will be 1 so wont really understand that were gng away from everyone which is good i guess. Yes keep us up to date and ill do the same hopefully hear some news soon! xx

Hi everyone, we have now been in Kalgoorlie for 3 weeks, my partner, 18 month son and I and we love it so far. It's winter now and it's cold, we have all bought dressing gowns slippers and heaters for our accommodation as it doesn't have heating and it can get cold in the eveinings. So if anyone is coming in the winter don't forget to pack warm clothes. Shops shut around 5 through the week with late night Thursday and all the shops are shut on a Sunday which is nice. everyone seems to spend Saturday's and Sunday's with their family's or playing sport.

If you'd have any questions just ask and I'll try to answer them, only thing I'm unsure of at the mo is utility bills but moving into our own place next week so will soon find out.

Just for the people with small children, they don't do pampers here only Huggies which we don't find to be very good, sudacrem is also expensive we are having a friend bring us some from UK and they don't have calpol but they do have other brands. Baby wipes are a little pricey too so bring some extra if you can. x

Archived