Medicals

maisiedaisy

Hoping those that have gone past the medical stage will be able to advise me please.

So you go for your medical, have the x-rays done and have your bloods taken - what next? Do you get a letter after a couple of weeks from the place you had the medical performed telling you all is well or do you have to wait until you hear from the Case Officer?

I'm assuming that as we are paying for the medical that we get advised. Can anyone confirm that please.

Kindest regards

maisie

You don't hear unless there is a problem, which is pretty unsatisfactory as you have actually paid quite a lot of money for it!I mailed my CO a couple of weeks after the medical about something else and I took the opportunity to confirm that the medial was all OK.

But you can ask anything you like at the Medical itself- I was recently post-op on my eyes & worried it might be a problem so I asked . They told me there & then all was fine, plus I asked to see the chest x-Ray . We had a long enough chat for me to know they weren't going to refer.

There are blood tests etc they can't predict of course. And then within just a few days they send the med results on, so if you haven't heard anything you just have to presume it's all ok. Nobody from Immi ever tells you anything.

But you can ask anything you like at the Medical itself- I was recently post-op on my eyes & worried it might be a problem so I asked . They told me there & then all was fine, plus I asked to see the chest x-Ray . We had a long enough chat for me to know they weren't going to refer.

There are blood tests etc they can't predict of course. And then within just a few days they send the med results on, so if you haven't heard anything you just have to presume it's all ok. Nobody from Immi ever tells you anything.

Thank you Freesia, hopefully this will be something less I have to stress over :-) x

Best Wishes

maisie

Hoping those that have gone past the medical stage will be able to advise me please.

So you go for your medical, have the x-rays done and have your bloods taken - what next? Do you get a letter after a couple of weeks from the place you had the medical performed telling you all is well or do you have to wait until you hear from the Case Officer?

I'm assuming that as we are paying for the medical that we get advised. Can anyone confirm that please.

Kindest regards

maisie

Hi Maisie

When I phoned the nearest medical centre to us to get an idea of prices I asked the question about seeing the results and they said if the request was put in writing we could have a copy of the reports, not sure if there is an additional charge though.

Regards

Steve

Hi Maisie

When I phoned the nearest medical centre to us to get an idea of prices I asked the question about seeing the results and they said if the request was put in writing we could have a copy of the reports, not sure if there is an additional charge though.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I'll ask them when I ring to book our medicals and let you all know, we will be trekking to Manchester for ours!

maisie

I had my medical in Birmingham and was sent a copy of the results in the post but not their recommendation (category a,b or c). This should be uploaded onto the my medicals bit in your immiaccount once the provider uploads them. It should then say "health has been finalized for this applicant..." if it is automatically cleared. However, your case officer can still ask for more information at any stage or so people have told me!

Archived