Could i teach in private schools ?

KittyKaz

Hi there!

Myself, husband and three children would like to move to oz. I am a teacher but my pgce does not meet the requirements!!! I taught primary for 3 years and over the last two years I have been teaching maths in years 5 to 9.I am also the maths coordinator. I know that maths teachers are in great demand so I was wondering if a private school could sponsor me? Alternatively if we could get a visa another way ( doubtful) could I at least get a job in a private school if we made it over there? thanks in advance for any help you can give xxx

There used to be a time when private school teachers did not have to be as qualified as public, but that time has passed. Quite often they need additional qualifications, e.g. A religious diploma or references from a religious leader, to get the job. You need to be eligible to teach and that means your post grad diploma in education must meet the education standards set by the Australian authorities.

Hi , no I havnt sent my pgce for assessment because I completed a PGCEi an international course that I didn't realise at the time, is classed as part time. I work in a British school in Spain and the qualification is accepted by all the private schools here.

Hi , no I havnt sent my pgce for assessment because I completed a PGCEi an international course that I didn't realise at the time, is classed as part time. I work in a British school in Spain and the qualification is accepted by all the private schools here.

It makes no difference at all if it is part time, lots of people do their degrees and grad diplomas part time here in Australia.

The content is the important part, as is the requirement that univeristy study adds up (is equivalent) to four years full time in total.It is probably worth your while having your qualifications assessed.

Archived