$1600aud a month after rent?

Hi!

I'm looking at moving to Sydney shortly. I've calculated my expenses and after rent (And other things i'll need to continue to pay for back home) I'll have 1600aud a month, excluding bills. Is this enough as a single man?

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm looking at moving to Sydney shortly. I've calculated my expenses and after rent (And other things i'll need to continue to pay for back home) I'll have 1600aud a month, excluding bills. Is this enough as a single man?

Thanks!

Shirley that depends on what you need the money for.

Guest AltyMatt

If you still have to pay for food, internet, phone, gas/elec, health insurance, transportation (commuting + a car/motorbike) then you may find it tough.

Do you have to buy furniture too? Bear in mind most property rentals will be unfurnished.

You could definitely live on that, but as mentioned above would have to be careful with your money and forgo the luxuries. Eating and drinking out in my opinion is more expensive here then in most other countries I've lived in, but I have occasionally seem $10 burger+beer advertised etc. On the other hand, once you've made some friends, heading with a case of beer and some food to a public barbecue pit somewhere nice is a great way to spend an afternoon without breaking the bank.

Hi!

Thanks!

$400 a week after bills, as a single man. That'd be VERY tight.

Hi!

Thanks!

Would you be ok on about £200 per week in London after rent? It probably about the same.

Archived