Sponsored visa

mattyhurds

Hi,

my my sister and brother in law have moved and are permanent residents, they are eligible for citizenship in April. my brother in law has started his own electrical company

they are willing to sponsor me. I do not have a electrician trade so would require to do an apprentiship. I'm unsure if being sponsored would I class as an international student?

any help would be great,

thanks,

mathew

Hi,

my my sister and brother in law have moved and are permanent residents, they are eligible for citizenship in April. my brother in law has started his own electrical company

they are willing to sponsor me. I do not have a electrician trade so would require to do an apprentiship. I'm unsure if being sponsored would I class as an international student?

any help would be great,

thanks,

mathew

unfortunately apprenticeships are government sponsored programs in which the company I.e. Your brother, is paid a supplement to take in the apprentice and the learning institution (usually a TAFE) is paid for the student to be there one day a week for 3-4 years. As such only Australian citizens and a limited number of PRs are eligible to undertake apprenticeships. You will need to be completely qualified and then(in 3-4 years) this profession will need to be on the immigration list in order for your brother to sponsor you.

Archived