Changing UK Driving Licence

indy6160

Hi all,

Me and my husband are flying out to Melbourne tomorrow, we want to change our UK driving licence asap because its so important for the 100 points of ID and we want to find a place to rent quickly.

The questions I have are,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment to change the licence?

Do they change the licence immediately or do you have to submit a request and then wait for days?

What other documents do we need to take with us?

I just passed my driving test a couple of days ago and only have the pass certificate, the actual licence will take a couple of weeks to come in the post. Any idea if they will issue a licence based on the certificate?

Thanks in advance

Indy

I just went to the centre..waited in line n got done that day..didnt need to wait..took form n uk lisence n id..they took my pic n that was it...I had only just passed my test but wth uk licence I got full open lisence..if u go wth just certificate they may put restrictions on u or not accept..not sure...I would wait till u have actual licence...I didn't have licence straight away for 100points but easy enough to find other suitable things n didnt have issues

Hi all,

Me and my husband are flying out to Melbourne tomorrow, we want to change our UK driving licence asap because its so important for the 100 points of ID and we want to find a place to rent quickly.

The questions I have are,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment to change the licence?

Do they change the licence immediately or do you have to submit a request and then wait for days?

What other documents do we need to take with us?

I just passed my driving test a couple of days ago and only have the pass certificate, the actual licence will take a couple of weeks to come in the post. Any idea if they will issue a licence based on the certificate?

Thanks in advance

Indy

Hi, As far as i remember you will need proof of a permanent address first before you can change your licence. and it maybe that you will go on to P plates if youve only just passed. As far as 100 point id, As an immigrant you should be ok with your passport, british licence and a good reference. I beleive you will need your photo id part of the Licence aswell as the paper part to exchange.

Thanks for the info and advice !!! :)

I will resist the urge to drive in australia until I get my proper licence.

Another note. Do not drive with a pass certificate. If the cops stop you, you will be fined abd possibly have demerit points put on your Aussie licence when you get it.

I've been providing copies of my UK driving license as part of the ID (along with anything else I can throw into the mix, like bank statements and employer references)

Are brokers really so fastidious about what you provide...? They're only trying to check, on the landlord's behalf, that you are who you say you are, and that you can afford the rent, right?