457 Visas - Sponsorship

Vikki81

Hi everyone,

I understand that a SBS lasts about 3 years. I had two questions about sponsorship and nomination for a 457 visa.

1. In this 3 years if a new position comes up in the organisation does a company just need to submit only a nomination form or apply for a new sbs altogether?

2. After the three years how do you renew the sponsorship. Is it just the same as how you registered initially or is there a different form for continuing sponsors?

thank you

1. In the SBS, the employer needs to request a specific number of nominations. As long as they still have remaining nominations, they can use them within that 3-year period. If the number of nominations run out, they need to apply for a new SBS.

2. After the SBS runs out, if they want to be able to sponsor again they need to renew the SBS. There are some questions specific to whether this is a continuing SBS (i.e. the current SBS hasn't yet expired) or new SBS (i.e. SBS has expired), but otherwise is (I think) the same information and questions from that point.

3. Training benchmark is 2% of all Australian and PR employees, so you exclude training of the sponsored employees and any other temporary residents (WHV, 461 visa, student visas, etc.)

Archived