CSOL/ RSMS listed career

Ryan92

I graduated with an honours degree in Broadcast Production and for 2 years worked as a Radio Presenter on a voluntary basis. I've been in touch with a few agents ; one who told me the best route would be to retrain, another who wanted £600 to join a work list with the view to getting me permanent (sounded too good to be true) , and another who said WHV but no harm in pursuing the radio Presenter option if it had to arise.

My friends are based in a regional postcode so it would ideally be this regional area I'd prefer to go if I were to get any success out of this.

I've had a look at https://www.acacia-au.com/rsmsol.php where Radio Presenter falls under ; but I believe it's all to do with State Sponsorship etc?

The light is being shone a bit better but I still don't feel fully educated ; I feel this could just be a dead end and my only option is the WHV which is good don't get me wrong, but I'd need to say goodbye at the end of it!

Unfortunately I don't have an employer..... wouldn't know where to start apart from just contacting the radio stations etc.

I do believe i'd pass the skills assessment ; actually presenting live radio was a big part of my course and it's something I've been doing on a voluntary basis for a few years now.

I've had a little look and it says ;

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

So I'd say the fact I have the degree MAY be enough to be skills assessed although it is down to the circumstances given the last sentence.

I've had a little look and it says ;

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

So I'd say the fact I have the degree MAY be enough to be skills assessed although it is down to the circumstances given the last sentence.[/font][/color]

That's just what ANZSCO says and is not the skills assessment requirement. VETASSESS is the assessing authority for the occupation and they say (and they have the final word):

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

I'm not sure though that you would need a skills assessment - that seems only to be required for trades and lower skill level occupations. That would still however leave you with the most important requirement of needing an employer to sponsor you and I'm not sure if that will be possible. Coming on a WHV would allow you to explore the potential for sponsorship.

Archived