Shipping company adding extra charges..

Emmie2010

Hi all just to have a little moan

From the top, while searching for shipping companies we had a few quotes in. We decided to go with a company that charged a bit more than we was quoted from others, one because they had an office located in Perth too, but also because the customer service was great the lady rang helped us through all the questions whenever we was unsure. She said our children would get a special box that they could fill with their toys and everything would be professionally wrapped, Door to door service within 12 weeks and no extra charges added on arrival (unless needed quarantine). She gave us the original quote which was too much for us so after taking of some of the larger items it made it more affordable and we were happy..

Fast forward couple of months, we didn't hear anything from then until 2 weeks before they were due out, two youngish lads came all the items we were taking were stacked as we were told..they didn't professionally wrap anything. Everything we had in boxes just had paper put over the top ..other bits were just put in a box..The guys who came out said they was expecting a lot more from us..the items we had taken off to make it cheaper were still on their list and they said we was under the expected amount we had been charged for.

Phone call later from the company said our possession amount were "what they expected".

The items didn't leave the UK until 8 weeks after they were picked up. They arrived in Australia last week.

First of all we had a bill for $40 for a bottle of champagne we brought with us (wedding present) which was tax so wasn't anything we could do. Today we have just had another call asking for another $150 for delivery..We were told on many occasions (i asked a lot) that there would be no more charges. They have had our address from the start. We was told it was a door to door service straight up fee and now they asking for more money..Of course we are going to have to pay up as we need our possessions. But i am so gggrrring annoyed!

We are yet to get it all hopefully they haven't broken anything.. i will update on arrival. Definitely a company i would avoid!!!

Sorry for my little moan. its just the last thing we need a moment grrrr

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry to hear that, I know when we moved interstate we ended up being charged an extra $150 their excuse was that we had a steep hill. Plus we had lots of damage but thankfully we had taken out independant insurance and they were excellent in paying out.

We opted for a middle of the road quote coming back, once packed up they then informed us they had underestimated (how? they came and measured before and we also removed some big items!) and required another $800 to make the goods leave Australia...we had no choice but to pay, then said goods waited another 6 weeks to leave resulting in us making do for 3 months sitting on cushions....oh the joys.

Hi all just to have a little moan

From the top, while searching for shipping companies we had a few quotes in. We decided to go with a company that charged a bit more than we was quoted from others, one because they had an office located in Perth too, but also because the customer service was great the lady rang helped us through all the questions whenever we was unsure. She said our children would get a special box that they could fill with their toys and everything would be professionally wrapped, Door to door service within 12 weeks and no extra charges added on arrival (unless needed quarantine). She gave us the original quote which was too much for us so after taking of some of the larger items it made it more affordable and we were happy..

Fast forward couple of months, we didn't hear anything from then until 2 weeks before they were due out, two youngish lads came all the items we were taking were stacked as we were told..they didn't professionally wrap anything. Everything we had in boxes just had paper put over the top ..other bits were just put in a box..The guys who came out said they was expecting a lot more from us..the items we had taken off to make it cheaper were still on their list and they said we was under the expected amount we had been charged for.

Phone call later from the company said our possession amount were "what they expected".

The items didn't leave the UK until 8 weeks after they were picked up. They arrived in Australia last week.

First of all we had a bill for $40 for a bottle of champagne we brought with us (wedding present) which was tax so wasn't anything we could do. Today we have just had another call asking for another $150 for delivery..We were told on many occasions (i asked a lot) that there would be no more charges. They have had our address from the start. We was told it was a door to door service straight up fee and now they asking for more money..Of course we are going to have to pay up as we need our possessions. But i am so gggrrring annoyed!

We are yet to get it all hopefully they haven't broken anything.. i will update on arrival. Definitely a company i would avoid!!!

Sorry for my little moan. its just the last thing we need a moment grrrr

Sorry to hear this, I have a feeling we are in for the same sort of thing. Our stuff got picked up from our house on the 9th jan and it isn't expected to be shipped until late next week so it will be about 7 weeks before it's even left the uk and shipped in the first place. Estimated to arrive 25th April, once u factor in customs and delivery it going to have been at least 5 months door to door, so much for the 8-12 weeks estimate! And like you we have had to chase them for any sort of communication once they had our money. They also tried to charge us for stuff that we didn't take but was on the original quote, having told them prior to collection we weren't taking the items. Ours is a door to door service as well, am hoping we don't get a call charging for delivery but am not going to be shocked if they do! They've got you as well as you need your things so you just have to pay and I suppose take it up with the company later?! Frustrating as well as work tools are in the container and OH is actually in oz now for 8 weeks based on the idea that all our things would've turned up for the house so myself and our two young children could just walk straight into our home without having to deal with with blow up beds etc, so that idea was pretty pointless now! Sorry to jump on your thread with my moan, you're not alone with annoying shipping companies though!

Its so frustrating i have called them 3 times now..(because they told me they would phone the next day..which they didn't) each time its a different story why they didn't call. we are no closer to knowing when we will have our stuff its now been 19 weeks since it left us but I have been told the manager will ring me tomorrow.

Its hard for husband he needs his tools for work and my children. Everything that was home for them is in that container. its been hard for them coming to a new country and trying to settle in :(

I feel you pain Reena1991 good luck and hopefully yours dont mess you about anymore

• 1 month later...

So to update. (My internet has been off arghh)

I rang them everyday complained moaned then demanded i spoke to the manager. Then i had a call the next day saying they would bill their UK department for the extra charge and they delivered it 2 days later.

So panic over.

I would advice anybody using a shipping company if they ask for extra money once your stuff has arrived not to pay straight away and get on to the company. My husband was ready to pay just to we could get our belongings i however wasnt ready to pay anymore. You never know if they try this just to see how much more they can get out of you.

Archived