Any other hairdressers out there applying for vetassess?

Vickiw89

• 3 weeks later...
hi all wondered if u could help I have my nvq level 1 and 2 with 10 years experience in the hair industry can I apply for state sponsorship

Hi at the min you could apply for nt or tas. You will need to do a vetassess exam. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

i appeared for for vetassess interview on 24th November, I had to email VETASSESS for the certificate in January as I was running short of time for 190- age criteria, I got my certificate in the 1 st week of February. Then applied for EOI, it took 3 weeks, roughly end of Feb but I was offered 489 visa sponsorship as I was turninig 41 in the month of March. I filed visa application on 11th March with required documents and fees. There was a query by the department and again submitted relevant documents in end of April. Awaiting my visa grant. Very anxious.

Do I need to do the ielts first before the vetassess

You only need the IElTS for extra points. You are best to apply for this early because the dates are limited and if you need to resit it this will take longer.

What state are you hoping to apply for?

Where are you from [emoji3]

Hi all,

i appeared for for vetassess interview on 24th November, I had to email VETASSESS for the certificate in January as I was running short of time for 190- age criteria, I got my certificate in the 1 st week of February. Then applied for EOI, it took 3 weeks, roughly end of Feb but I was offered 489 visa sponsorship as I was turninig 41 in the month of March. I filed visa application on 11th March with required documents and fees. There was a query by the department and again submitted relevant documents in end of April. Awaiting my visa grant. Very anxious.

Hopefully you will hear something soon. At least you are at the last stage [emoji3]

I was hoping sa or queensland as my sister lives there but if i had a choose nt or taz then properly nt.i live in essex England. The only thing I'm worried about is getting rejected as it's a lot of money to lose so I l trying to get enough information possible before I apply x

Edited by libby1821

• 3 weeks later...

Hey girls, hope you don't mind me commenting. Me and my husband are applying for a visa in the NT. I've done my IELTS and I've passed my first lot of Vetassess trade assessments and I am waiting to hear when my date for my technical interview is. I'm so nervous as I've been hairdressing for so long and I'm worried I won't remember everything. Any help would be appreciated. ☺️

Hi Eloise, ah sounds like you're well ahead with your application! Don't worry too much about the technical, my advice would be read through this thread and you can get an idea on what sort of questions are asked, also do a bit of research on Australian health and safety. Go through your folders and just refresh everything. Dont worry if you need a minute or two to think before answering a question either, they are patient. As long as you have looked over everything you'll be fine. You might get asked questions on how to do a chemical straightening etc I did and never done this before so it's worth having an understanding of everything even if you don't do it yourself!

Whereabouts are you from? Have you been to Oz before?

Hello, thank you for replying! I read through the whole feed this evening and read through what you have been asked. I've never done chemical straightening either to be honest, but I've googled it a little. We are from Luton and are hoping to go to Darwin! How about you? We travelled along the west coast last year and loved it!! X

I got asked how to do the procedure, and also a bit about men's shaving I was honest and said I didn't do it but guessed! We're from Shropshire have a salon in tassie sponsoring me for permanent residency, application is in but it takes 6 months to grant! Never been to tas before so not sure what to expect! Have you been to Darwin before? I haven't but my partner has he said it's nice! We were there a couple of years ago for 2 years we did the east coast the middle and down south, loved it all! It's an amazing country! X

Hi you should check the procedure for perming and straightening, when to use neutrilizer in both case, as I had the same questions. They had also asked me about out line shave and gents hair cut I replied women not much in barbering but I learnt the skill as I had to put up videos for trade assessment. The interview was quite detailed, message technique names were asked I could only give. 2 names. Asked about salon safety, hygiene, short bob hair cut cutting angle, hair updos for Long hair, problem facing with French roll. There were many question my interview lasted for 2:17hrs

Hiya, it's only the NT and Tasmania that are sponsoring hairdressers at the minute. We tried for the NT but they need proof that we have $50,000 which we don't! I contacted a few salons in Tasmania and one is sponsoring me for a 186 visa, I got extremely lucky with that. To get into tas on any visa I think you need a job offer. I think a 190 might be quite hard to get unless you have ties there, think some people were being granted a 489 instead of a 190. Have you contacted a migration agent?

No not yet just re searching information first I was seeing wot immigration offices said first as ive been doing hair for 10 years but for the past 5 years been doing mobile and hair at a retirement home so self employed didn't no if i qualified I never realised how much is involved got a lot harder now as my sister lives in queensland and it wasn't as bad wen she applied

Think it's best to consult a migration agent they'll be able to tell you more about whether you qualify! Yeah it's definitely got a lot harder to move to oz, I'm just grateful I can still get in! I don't work as a hairdresser currently so my time was running out! It's not as bad as it sounds, the worst part is the vetassess assessment and as long as you provide enough evidence and revise you'll be fine! It will take time though that's the downside!