Cancer and a visa

Becwiley

We have just tried to apply for a visa, last year I was diagnosed with cancer I am now in remission but have been told I am unable to get a visa forever because of this, does anyone else have any dealings with this and how they either overcome it or any loop holes which they know. Many thanks

Plenty of people get visas with a medical history of cancer (myself included). Everyone's circumstances are individual to themselves. Supporting evidence from your health practitioner would likely be required as part of the visa process.

No "loopholes", just follow the established process. Get professional assistance from a Registered migration agent.

Can I ask who you used visa wise? I rang the visa bureau and they literally said no it's a definite no for life! We could not believe it as cancer is now like 1 in 2 people, we felt there would be others. Thank you so much you have given me the hope I needed x

I used ISA Group in Perth ( I'm in Melbourne). Employer sponsored 186 after being on a 457 for 4 years. Cancer in year 2 of the 457, major head and neck surgery, radiotherapy, other secondary issues following that. Quite an extensive medical history of many different problems in that time.

Followed the usual process, sent for medical with all of the family, I was referred for further info which was provided by my medical team. No further concerns from immigration and Pr granted last July.

Are the visa bureau Mara registered? I'd shop around for other expert advice if I were you. There are several migration agents on the forums here. Do a search for "medical issues" or something like that. There's been plenty of other threads of a similar nature.

Good luck.

We have just tried to apply for a visa, last year I was diagnosed with cancer I am now in remission but have been told I am unable to get a visa forever because of this, does anyone else have any dealings with this and how they either overcome it or any loop holes which they know. Many thanks

Have you applied for 189 visa? Has your visa been refused due to your medicals or do you still need to go through this process??

Hi, I was granted a permanent visa 3 and half years after Breast Cancer, I took a supporting letter from my oncologist to the medical,I had no issue.I am not on any medication, but had the most aggressive form of cancer, I really did not expect to be granted, but more than happy that I was.

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry hun but this is a load of codswhallop (sp) who told you this? You have those above who are here and I'm another one and since being here i have had problems. George Lombard is the person to contact, he is an agent who has an ex medical officer on his team so they know what can and can't be done. Please don't worry. I know I was so worried that I was the one who was going to stop my family moving but I didnt. My medical was refered but that's all.

Hugs

Guest The Pom Queen
Sorry, no offence, but that comment is not accurate in the slightest.

It use to be many moons ago, you had to be clear for 6 years.

Archived