UK Statutory Declaration Template

CameronsDad

I tried to find something on the forum search, but no joy yet.

I have the stat dec form for the Aus declarers, but nothing for the UK based ones to contribute to evidence for the social aspect of our relationship.

Does anyone have a template for such a thing?

Thank You in advance.

:smile:

I have the stat dec form for the Aus declarers, but nothing for the UK based ones to contribute to evidence for the social aspect of our relationship.

Thank You in advance.

Hi, To be honest using form 888 works fine for both and luckily for us our case officer was happy with just the Aussie one, never asked for further ones.

Have a read of the form888, it explains what to do when you have a non citizen/PR wanting to write a statement on your behalf.

its not a stat dec that they complete. It's a statement, although as has been said they can use the form 888, it just won't be considered a star dec as they can only be completed by Aussie citizens/pr for the purpose of a partner visa.

I will go ahead with that, but on page 40 of the Partner migration booklet it asks for statutory declarations for the 'social aspect' section. I'm sure that format will be fine if they accepted it from you. I just read page 1 of the Aus stat dec form and you are right it suggests to use the template for non Australians but then says it can't be regarded as a statutory declaration. I've seen some people say the documentation is not too clear in places. Now I get why :-)

thanks for your help.

Thank You in advance.

PM'd you.

I will go ahead with that, but on page 40 of the Partner migration booklet it asks for statutory declarations for the 'social aspect' section. I'm sure that format will be fine if they accepted it from you. I just read page 1 of the Aus stat dec form and you are right it suggests to use the template for non Australians but then says it can't be regarded as a statutory declaration. I've seen some people say the documentation is not too clear in places. Now I get why :-)

thanks for your help.

You need atleast two form 888's (stat decs) from Australian citizens and PR. Then you can get statements from non citizens/PR but these won't be counted as stat decs. They will just be additional evidence.

My partners family are UK citizens, I just got them to write a statement on a plain bit of paper and got it witnessed.

Very quick turnaround on this forum. You are all very helpful. Thanks folks

I shall have to do my bit further down the track:smile:

I only had 1 stat dec, it was from a UK citizen written on form 888, and had none provided by Australian citizens at all, and that was enough so don't stress to much

Thank You in advance.

I have spent a lot of time digging into this as I am getting everything together for my skills assessment - there are a few examples on the internet if you google statutory declaration act 1835. Not sue how strict they are, but to follow the UK statutory declaration format, you would need to include the following in your statement.

“I (name) do solemnly and sincerely declare, that/as follows.. .. .. .. and Imake this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true,and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.”

Hope this helps, and correct me if I am wrong.

I have spent a lot of time digging into this as I am getting everything together for my skills assessment - there are a few examples on the internet if you google statutory declaration act 1835. Not sue how strict they are, but to follow the UK statutory declaration format, you would need to include the following in your statement.

“I (name) do solemnly and sincerely declare, that/as follows.. .. .. .. and Imake this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true,and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.”

Hope this helps, and correct me if I am wrong.

Don't need to make it any more complicated than it needs to be. They advise to use the form 888 or a blank bit of paper for a partner visa.

I only had 1 stat dec, it was from a UK citizen written on form 888, and had none provided by Australian citizens at all, and that was enough so don't stress to much

I would advise supplying more than 1 statement. The more you can get the better but they do ask for 2. I wouldn't be applying with less than that just to see what happens IMO.

From IMMI website for 309 visas:

At least two statutory declarations from Australian citizens or permanent residents and who have personal knowledge of your partner relationship (such as a relative anda friend) and support your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

If you don't know two Australian citizens or permanent residents you can get a non PR or citizen to write a statement for you.

Don't need to make it any more complicated than it needs to be. They advise to use the form 888 or a blank bit of paper for a partner visa.

I would advise supplying more than 1 statement. The more you can get the better but they do ask for 2. I wouldn't be applying with less than that just to see what happens IMO.

From IMMI website for 309 visas:

At least two statutory declarations from Australian citizens or permanent residents and who have personal knowledge of your partner relationship (such as a relative anda friend) and support your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

If you don't know two Australian citizens or permanent residents you can get a non PR or citizen to write a statement for you.

I was preparing to get more but the CO looked at my application before I got chance and said what I had provided was sufficient

Archived