eVisitor Subclass 651 Visa

Biker Dave

Hi All,

Please excuse me if you think I am being naive but.....

If, as I continue to be told that it is improper, deceptive etc to enter Australia on the above visa and then apply onshore for a Subclass 820 Partner Temporary Visa, why don't immigration state when one applies for a 651 that you cannot enter Australia as a tourist and apply once there for a 820 or any other visa that, if accepted, allows you to stay until a decision is made.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi All,

Please excuse me if you think I am being naive but.....

If, as I continue to be told that it is improper, deceptive etc to enter Australia on the above visa and then apply onshore for a Subclass 820 Partner Temporary Visa, why don't immigration state when one applies for a 651 that you cannot enter Australia as a tourist and apply once there for a 820 or any other visa that, if accepted, allows you to stay until a decision is made.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

You CAN enter as a tourist and then apply onshore for a Partner Visa.

What's not allowed is entering on a tourist visa INTENDING to apply for a Partner Visa. When you enter as a tourist your intention should be to leave again - the way tourists do when their holidays end. If you decide, once you are in Oz, that you want to apply for a Partner Visa, thats different, because you didn't enter with the intent to apply.

You CAN enter as a tourist and then apply onshore for a Partner Visa.

What's not allowed is entering on a tourist visa INTENDING to apply for a Partner Visa. When you enter as a tourist your intention should be to leave again - the way tourists do when their holidays end. If you decide, once you are in Oz, that you want to apply for a Partner Visa, thats different, because you didn't enter with the intent to apply.

Thanks for your response Nemesis. So how do you prove you did not intend to stay apart from a return flight ticket?

Archived