Business Sponsorship Expiration

BB88

My company's business sponsorship expired during the nomination and application and they haven't renewed it.

The nomination and application was submitted prior to the expiration date and we were told by immi that as long as it was submitted prior to the expiratiom date, we should be fine.

Is this true?

If a sponsorship agreement ends on 12 January 2015 but the Temporary Work Skilled Visa - Nomination (457) and Temporary Work Skilled Visa (Primary) (457) was submitted on 10 January 2015 then this is OK? Receipt of Temporary Work Skilled Visa - Nomination (457) and Temporary Work Skilled Visa (Primary) (457) was received on 10 January 2015 also.

My company's business sponsorship expired during the nomination and application and they haven't renewed it.

The nomination and application was submitted prior to the expiration date and we were told by immi that as long as it was submitted prior to the expiratiom date, we should be fine.

Is this true?

No, there needs to be a valid 457 sponsorship at the time of nomination approval.

No, there needs to be a valid 457 sponsorship at the time of nomination approval.

Thanks for the reply Raul. Both the Nomination and Employee application have been withdrawn.

Am I right in thinking that the Standard Business Sponsor Application, Nomination Application and Employee Application can be lodged all at the same time?

Thanks for the reply Raul. Both the Nomination and Employee application have been withdrawn.

Am I right in thinking that the Standard Business Sponsor Application, Nomination Application and Employee Application can be lodged all at the same time?

Why were they withdrawn? You could have simply lodged a new Sponsorship application.

You have been given bad advice by Immigration on this matter from the start.

Is this true?

First they told you to lodge the nomination and visa even though the sponsorship was about to expire.

Immi advised to withdraw due to procedural fairness because the SBS had expired.

Then they tell you to withdraw because the sponsorship had expired.

You should have been given the opportunity to lodge a new sponsorship. They could have then held off on a decision on the nom and visa until the new sponsorship was finalised.

Now you will need to lodge new sponsorship, nomination and visa applications and pay the lodgement fees again.

It highlights the danger of relying on advice from the Immigration Department.

Archived