Time line for validating

Bronyaur

• 4 weeks later...

In our case I'm guessing it would be because we literally applied then did the medical within days of uploading James' application so the time taken to process the visa and get it back to us would've given us very little time to get out to Australia to validate it xx

COs do have a little bit of leeway with the med/police check 12 month validity. I've read 3 months some places and 6 months others. So, between 3-6 months leeway. I'm not sure how they determine when they exercise that validity or not.

Only time I have seen this is when the length of processing has exceeded standards. So in effect it is their fault. And this is usually if you have been asked to do the checks then for some reason processing stalled. This did happen when they reduced grant numbers a while back and people sat in a queue.

you can of course re do them.

i would always say wait until asked, really it only takes a bit longer.

COs have leeway but can only give you the extra time BEFORE the visa is granted - once it's granted, the validation date is set in stone. If you look like cutting it a bit fine without leeway, ask your CO to consider giving you some extra time rather than assuming they will do so.

Archived