Partner Visa - General question on Spouses

Vikki81

Please Excuse my excessive posts again -

I had another question but this time in regards to Partner visas.

If a couple have recently gotten married (for example an Aus citizen goes overseas meets a girl, she comes to aus on a tourist visa - they get married) how are they supposed to apply for a partner visa if they cannot prove shared financial aspects or social aspects of the relationship (other than a wedding). Would the best option be to spend time together on a further tourist visa in order to build up evidence of such aspects of the marriage

Please Excuse my excessive posts again -

I had another question but this time in regards to Partner visas.

If a couple have recently gotten married (for example an Aus citizen goes overseas meets a girl, she comes to aus on a tourist visa - they get married) how are they supposed to apply for a partner visa if they cannot prove shared financial aspects or social aspects of the relationship (other than a wedding). Would the best option be to spend time together on a further tourist visa in order to build up evidence of such aspects of the marriage

They can set up things like a joint bank account straight away, even with her on a tourist visa, then that shows the start of it. Stat decs can include talk about hopes for the future of her getting a job, finances combining to buy a house, stuff like that. You can make wills in each others favour, she can show money moved from her home country intoan Australian account, all stuff like that helps.

She would only get a two year provisional visa at first,and by the time PR is due in two years they will be expected to show more commitment, joint finances and ties between them.

Archived