Are you moving to Australia in 2015?

Guest The Pom Queen

Stephen & Sam, with girls 11 & 8, Visa granted this morning! Heading to queensland (dont know where yet)! Want to get away in the next 2-3 months. Hoping to buy a small business for the both of us to run.

Sounds exciting! Can I enquire about something? When you had your medicals, did you get to know the results of them and how long did it take to get the results? Many thanks if you can let me know! Xx

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Melanie here, moving to Brisbane with my Aussie partner in December with our two dogs. Partner is a deputy special needs co-coordinator and I am a crew scheduler for an Outside Broadcast company.

Really excited about the move but pretty petrified too. Hoping to meet people on here that perhaps could meet for a few drinks when we all arrive.

Good luck to all x

Hi, Melanie here, moving to Brisbane with my Aussie partner in December with our two dogs. Partner is a deputy special needs co-coordinator and I am a crew scheduler for an Outside Broadcast company.

Really excited about the move but pretty petrified too. Hoping to meet people on here that perhaps could meet for a few drinks when we all arrive.

Good luck to all x

Hi MelanieJS, also hoping for a December move (at the latest) with my Aussie partner and our young son. Be nice to share the visa process with someone and discuss new findings out! X

Hi all, Hubby (Steve, 49) and I (Jackie, 46) are waiting on our business visa 188 and then we are heading to sunny Perth. Had intended to leave as soon as the visa was granted but forgot about the dog & now can't get away until mid Aug lol. Not yet sure if we will buy a business or start from scratch, just desperate for our mid life crisis adventure to begin!!

Sounds exciting! Can I enquire about something? When you had your medicals, did you get to know the results of them and how long did it take to get the results? Many thanks if you can let me know! Xx

Hi jaclyn, our medicals timeline was CO appointed 20th Jan, meds done in Manchester on 26th Jan, uploaded on 27th & 28th Jan. We discovered immi account on 10th Feb, logged in to see statement "health requirements finalised" but no other details, dates or descriptions. 13th Feb Visa Granted! You dont get to see the results of your medical!

we know the hospital told us that 3 of us were "A" but one of us was a "B" due to a long term medical issue. We fully expected that it would be referred to the MOC. We still dont know if it had been or not. If so then going by our experience it can take anything up to 2 weeks from being uploaded!

Jaclyn Hayes, which state are you moving to?

We went to the Down Under Live exhibition today and got a bit more info for shipping and money transfers.

We are waiting for my partner to get offered a teaching job and then we will put the house on the market.

Whereabouts are you in the visa process? I had my partner visa before as I lived in Brisbane a few years back so hoping to get a resident returns visa now.

Jackie, Rich and baby Blake... Early days yet, via application submitted in Oct 2014 for myself (Rich and Blake have dual nationality). Looking at Cleveland/Redland Bay area of QLD. I'm a registered nurse, Rich is in procurement.

Any info /useful websites people can suggest would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Jaclyn, I am a registered nurse too and there are jobs on the Queensland Government website that might be of interest to you. We finally put our visa application into Queensland last week and are now waiting for a case officer, this last push is a bit nerve wracking! Good luck.

Jaclyn Hayes, which state are you moving to?

We went to the Down Under Live exhibition today and got a bit more info for shipping and money transfers.

We are waiting for my partner to get offered a teaching job and then we will put the house on the market.

Whereabouts are you in the visa process? I had my partner visa before as I lived in Brisbane a few years back so hoping to get a resident returns visa now.

Hi MelanieJS, we're looking at moving to Cleveland, just south of Brisbane. I have my medicals in April. Hoping to put our house on the market once I clear the medical and police check. I'm so excited but really nervous too!

Had a few quotes from removal firms, vary in price but a few friends used and recommending Crown (although they seem to be more expensive). Keep in touch. Xx

Hi Jaclyn, I am a registered nurse too and there are jobs on the Queensland Government website that might be of interest to you. We finally put our visa application into Queensland last week and are now waiting for a case officer, this last push is a bit nerve wracking! Good luck.

Thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look. Where abouts are you looking at moving to? Xx

I know it. We have friends in the Redlands Bay area. You can take the ferry to North Stradbroke Island which is lovely.

We are thinking North Brisbane (Wooloowin possibly) but depends on where my partner's school is based.

We got details for Crown, Pickfords and Dorree Bonner so will get quotes from all.

I'm more concerned that my dogs will be taken care of when they go. Thinking Pet Air for them.

Good luck with the medical. From memory, it was a breeze. x

Thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look. Where abouts are you looking at moving to? Xx

So far we have narrowed down our area to the north of the Gold Coast and south of the Sunshine Coast! Still a huge area but we would like to be within travelling distance of Brisbane but we don't want to live in the city. We would like to be in a town near the coast. It is hard to decide without doing a reccy! It is a few years since we were last there and we can't afford to carry out a research trip and then move. We'll be doing it all in one go!!! :laugh:

So far we have narrowed down our area to the north of the Gold Coast and south of the Sunshine Coast! Still a huge area but we would like to be within travelling distance of Brisbane but we don't want to live in the city. We would like to be in a town near the coast. It is hard to decide without doing a reccy! It is a few years since we were last there and we can't afford to carry out a research trip and then move. We'll be doing it all in one go!!! [emoji23]

That's exactly what we did in October. We're the same too, close enough to Brisbane but not too close. More job opportunities for me and my partner around that area. Xx

That's exactly what we did in October. We're the same too, close enough to Brisbane but not too close. More job opportunities for me and my partner around that area. Xx

Can I ask if you have been granted your visa yet and when your planning to move? We are hoping for the end of the year. We have schools to think about to so thought we should try to get the kids in at the start of the Australian academic year in January. X

Can I ask if you have been granted your visa yet and when your planning to move? We are hoping for the end of the year. We have schools to think about to so thought we should try to get the kids in at the start of the Australian academic year in January. X

Still waiting for my visa, trying to be patient but it's like taking forever! Got my medical in April. We're hoping for October ish but been told it may be more like December [emoji20]

Our little boy isn't of school age yet but I've been looking at 'kindy' schools!

Where are you in the process?

Guys this is naren ... moving frm india along wt my wife. We both lived in london n scotland for few yearss before coming bck to india. I work as a rest mngr n my wife wrk as a supervisor in hotel.

i got thru visa 489 n now moving to darwin. my eldr bro lives in melboure.

i am coming to darwin by end of march.

kindly guide me to get accomodation n job.

my id is narendra_42130@yahoo.com or narendra42130@gmail.com

Myself 33, hubby, 36 and four children, 11,9,6,3... Moving to Queensland (helensvale) hope to arrive in may. Cannot wait!! ;-)))))

I know Helensvale very well! It's a nice place, I have friends who live close by in Pacific Pines and Upper Coomera. My brother in law also loves not too far away in Hope Island. Good luck with the move. Still got about 6 months to wait until my visa is due! [emoji20]

I am moving to Oz in October with my husband, we are leaving our 2 children in the UK to finish uni before they hopefully join us. Due to our age we have secured a 489 visa to The Orana region of NSW, around 4 hours inland from Sydney. It doesn't look like a popular area to emigrate to and have had mixed reviews/comments on the forum but 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. My husband has job opportunities in Sydney but they will have to go on hold for 2 years until we can apply for a permanent residency visa.

I am going through mixed emotions at the minute regarding the move but we have worked for 6 years to get the visa. I can honestly say it's a roller coaster ride that I thought would have got easier once the visa was granted, I'm strapping myself in for the last few twists and turns.

Congrats to you all that have made the leap & I wish you all the best for the journey ahead. :hug:

Still waiting for my visa, trying to be patient but it's like taking forever! Got my medical in April. We're hoping for October ish but been told it may be more like December [emoji20]

Our little boy isn't of school age yet but I've been looking at 'kindy' schools!

Where are you in the process?

The story so far....Last week we paid the final application fee to lodge our visa app for a skills nominated 190 visa. In December QLD govt granted us state sponsorship and in 2013 I got my IELTs and ANMAC skills assessment approved. It has been slow but we have 3 young children, we both work, life is busy so we have just taken it one step at a time. Our immigration agents advise we will wait 9-11weeks for a case officer. We still need medicals and police checks but hopefully these will be least problematic and expensive of the whole shebang!!!! Just waiting now! How come your visa is taking so long if you don't mind me asking?

I am moving to Oz in October with my husband, we are leaving our 2 children in the UK to finish uni before they hopefully join us. Due to our age we have secured a 489 visa to The Orana region of NSW, around 4 hours inland from Sydney. It doesn't look like a popular area to emigrate to and have had mixed reviews/comments on the forum but 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. My husband has job opportunities in Sydney but they will have to go on hold for 2 years until we can apply for a permanent residency visa.

I am going through mixed emotions at the minute regarding the move but we have worked for 6 years to get the visa. I can honestly say it's a roller coaster ride that I thought would have got easier once the visa was granted, I'm strapping myself in for the last few twists and turns.

Congrats to you all that have made the leap & I wish you all the best for the journey ahead. :hug:

good luck LisaJ, if you don't try it you will never know! I worry about the big move and missing family and friends but I'd rather try and come back than never know and regret never doing it! Hope it all goes well xx

The story so far....Last week we paid the final application fee to lodge our visa app for a skills nominated 190 visa. In December QLD govt granted us state sponsorship and in 2013 I got my IELTs and ANMAC skills assessment approved. It has been slow but we have 3 young children, we both work, life is busy so we have just taken it one step at a time. Our immigration agents advise we will wait 9-11weeks for a case officer. We still need medicals and police checks but hopefully these will be least problematic and expensive of the whole shebang!!!! Just waiting now! How come your visa is taking so long if you don't mind me asking?

I have applied for a spouse visa, the process takes between 10-14 months. My partner is Australian and our son has dual nationality. Got our case officer a week after my application was accepted. My emmigration agent says all is going well, the bureau are happy with our relationship evidence, my medicals are the next step in 6 weeks time, by which time I will be 6 months into the time frame! [emoji2]

I'm enjoying reading abouts other people's experiences!