No invitation yet for 189 visa

neetu9780

Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI for 189 visa under the 2613 category as a software engineer in April 2014 and still haven't received any invitation. My agent is handling the whole process and i have been sponsored by my uncle.

Timeliness are as follows

1. Appeared for Ielts and scored overall 8 bands (L 8.5/R 8/S 8/W 7)

2. Received positive assessment from ACS in November 2013

3. EOI submitted in April 2014

and still waiting for the invitation

At the time of submitting EOI i received only 25 points for my age but now i have turned 25 so i suppose the system should have updated my age points

My points breakdown is

Degree: 15

English : 10

Sponsorship by relative :10

Total: 65 (60 at the time of EOI submission)

So my question is what could have gone wrong that i still didn't receive any invitation?

Did your agent send you your EOI points calculation and does it show what you've posted?

I only ask because the 189 page ( http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx ) says:

This visa is for points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government.

So I don't think the 10 points for relative sponsorship would be valid for the 189 visa. In fact, on the 'How points are awarded' section it says that's for the 489 visa only (sponsored to work in a regional area).

I might be wrong but it could be handy to check this with your agent.

Yes I would be speaking to your agent. Is your agent MARA registered? I am questioning the advice that you are receiving.

Just from reading your post, I wonder whether it would be worth getting your IELTS up to 8s (as you are so close anyway!) and then you would have the points you need anyway.

I think you mean that you have submitted an EOI for a 489 visa, not a 189. 189s are independent visas with no sponsorship. 489s are sponsored provisional visas and only a small number of invitations are issued each month (100 or 200) so it takes a LONG time to get an invitation. Add to that the fact that your occupation is pro-rated and I'm not at all surprised that you don't yet have an invitation. I'd say that you could still have a wait ahead of you if you stay on 65 points

You should do IELTS again and keep doing it until you can claim points for Superior English. That will take your points to 75 which should result in an invitation without too much delay.

Did your agent send you your EOI points calculation and does it show what you've posted?

I only ask because the 189 page ( http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx ) says:

So I don't think the 10 points for relative sponsorship would be valid for the 189 visa. In fact, on the 'How points are awarded' section it says that's for the 489 visa only (sponsored to work in a regional area).

I might be wrong but it could be handy to check this with your agent.

Yes he is a registered agent, I have checked that.

It took me three attempts to get my current Ielts results.

How about PTE this time, will it help? And how many points do i need to claim 20 points for superior english?

If you are being sponsored by a relative it is not a 189 you are applying for it is the 489, that coupled with the pro-rata invites for your occupation will be the reason why you have not been invited yet.

when did you turn 25

July 1st last year

Yes he is a registered agent, I have checked that.

It took me three attempts to get my current Ielts results.

How about PTE this time, will it help? And how many points do i need to claim 20 points for superior english?

Yes, you can do PTE this time if you wish and that could be a good idea as it's said to be less tricky than IELTS. For the required scores for Superior English, see "Will minimum required test scores for TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic and Cambridge (CAE) tests be benchmarked against IELTS equivalencies?" - PTE Academic is in Column 3.

http://www.immi.gov.au/news/pages/aelt.aspx Alternative English language tests

But i have 3 years of experience, i can claim 5 points right?

Possibly but perhaps not.

What date is given in your ACS letter where it says "The following employment after (DATE) is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to (YOUR OCCUPATION)".

You can only claim points for experience after that date.

Possibly but perhaps not.

What date is given in your ACS letter where it says "The following employment after (DATE) is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to (YOUR OCCUPATION)".

You can only claim points for experience after that date.

My ACS results are with my agent, got to ask him again.

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions

Archived