John mason shipping time

Live4today

We have just had our stuff shipped by john mason and have had an email through saying that our belongings will be shipped when there is a container available. I emailed to ask how long this may take, they emailed to say it normally takes 6-8weeks. Does anyone know if this 6-8 weeks includes the 8-12 week shipping time that is normally quoted for how long it takes for your shipping to arrive. or will it be potentially 6-8 weeks of waiting for a container plus another 8-12 weeks of actually being in the ship? If so this could potentially be up to 5 months from start to finish?! I have emailed to get clarification of this but am waiting to hear back, am just impatient to find out as all my tools for work are being shipped and without them I can't work. Our stuff got picked up at the beginning of January and We arrive in February and had assumed that we would be without our things until approx end march which would be 12 weeks from the day they took the things, really hoping it won't be until May before we get our stuff! if anyone has used john mason and can give their experience of the time frame I'd really be grateful!

Cheers,

james

The gave us an estimate of 8 - 12 weeks, we had sole use of a container, so the container was packed at our house and went right to the docks for shipping, we took delivery of our container 12 weeks after it left our house. Are you using a shared container?

Yes it's a shared container so I guess they have to fill it before they can ship, just didn't realise if would take another potentially 6 or 8 weeks on top of the 12 weeks shipping time...not good news for my work plans :-(

I think that was one of the reasons we took a sole container (and managed to fill it) as basically, we knew that with just half they would have to wait for another half to become available. I remember that all the shipping companies waited to fill the other half.

It can also depends which ship it goes on. I asked about this and found out if we shipped a few days later it could actually arrive sooner! We actually paid a wee bit extra for that ship but it was worth it we saved two weeks in the end.

they sent me a list of possible vessels and their timings, it seems if you don't ask they don't tell.

Yeah, in my naivety I just didn't think that there would be extra time waiting for a container, just thought stuff gets picked up and put into container and then a week later it goes, didn't factor in having to wait for it to be filled which makes sense for them just wished it had been highlighted to us more rather than saying 8-12 weeks shipping time. Ah well, hopefully we have highlighted a question for others to be clear on when getting quotes!

Archived