Buying a Volkswagen Polo in Aus

sarahs

Hi, sorry for the random question....I am looking at buying a brand new polo in Melbourne. They seem good value and cheaper new here than in the uk new/hold their value etc. However, my family are trying to put me off, saying it will cost me a lot to maintain here, for parts and servicing compared to Holdens etc. Would be great to know what others think.? Any thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, sorry for the random question....I am looking at buying a brand new polo in Melbourne. They seem good value and cheaper new here than in the uk new/hold their value etc. However, my family are trying to put me off, saying it will cost me a lot to maintain here, for parts and servicing compared to Holdens etc. Would be great to know what others think.? Any thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you! :)

First off, I am in the UK so I will approach this another way.

VW's are fantastic card, I have had both a Jetta and a Golf and they are fantastic. What I have always found though is parts outside of warranty they are expensive, scheduled services are expensive but they do keep their value nicely. My last car (and current car) is a Kia C'eed and it is just better than my VW's in so many ways. The biggest of these is the massive warranty that I got. A quick search shows that Aus also offer a 7 year warranty, that is massive! Both Kia and Hyundai use mostly the same parts which I believe are readily available in Aus. If you are looking for a Polo, I would suggest looking at a i20, i30, a Rio or a C'eed. You will get a whole lot more bang for your buck and won't have an issue with spares.

I have no experience with Holden so I won't comment here.

First off, I am in the UK so I will approach this another way.

VW's are fantastic card, I have had both a Jetta and a Golf and they are fantastic. What I have always found though is parts outside of warranty they are expensive, scheduled services are expensive but they do keep their value nicely. My last car (and current car) is a Kia C'eed and it is just better than my VW's in so many ways. The biggest of these is the massive warranty that I got. A quick search shows that Aus also offer a 7 year warranty, that is massive! Both Kia and Hyundai use mostly the same parts which I believe are readily available in Aus. If you are looking for a Polo, I would suggest looking at a i20, i30, a Rio or a C'eed. You will get a whole lot more bang for your buck and won't have an issue with spares.

I have no experience with Holden so I won't comment here.

Tend to agree, and very surprised polos were cheaper in oz.

Archived