Nursing in oz

Peanut

Hi all! So, I'm a registered adult nurse with degree. Looking at moving to Perth area but where do I start?!! Seems to be so much stuff to go through. Just after advice on what things I should be applying for first. And is it easier to get a job before I move or just as easy to get a job when I'm out there. Thanks

Decide which visa u want and are eligible for. Do you want work sponsor or not? For permanent visas u will need to apply to anmac to have skills assessed. You will also need to register with ahpra before you can practice. Many people do ielts test for extra points..you will also need it for anmac if you choose to go for permanent visa straight away. Many ppl lke security of job before they come..if not then hav money put aside for when u arrive to see u by till u get a job..recruitment process can take few weeks.

Guest Guest100417
Hi all! So, I'm a registered adult nurse with degree. Looking at moving to Perth area but where do I start?!! Seems to be so much stuff to go through. Just after advice on what things I should be applying for first. And is it easier to get a job before I move or just as easy to get a job when I'm out there. Thanks

Hi, I'm a psych trained nurse and the first port of call (for PR) was definitely the IELTS test, academic type. It wasn't too difficult and with a bit of practice even I achieved an 8.5. Definitely have a look at http://www.ieltsbuddy.com for free material and IELTS ryan videos on YouTube particularly for structuring a short essay/review. IELTS test result needs to go directly to ANMAC too.

Your skills will obviously need assessing and this is done by ANMAC but before applying to them, do some research on the net and get all of your relevant documentation from the uni and NMC sent direct to them. There is an awful lot of info required like work place references that support your time being claimed post registration, evidence of current NMC registration and these can be signed by a solicitor.

Once you've had a positive skills assessment, it's the big one, expression of interest and the formal application soon after that (mine was 2 weeks later) medicals and police checks. You need to do the research for what you need at certain points of the application, I collated all of mine at the beginning so I wasn't scrambling later down the line.

A degree is needed unless psych, LD or paeds trained as AHPRA won't register you but you will be fine as you have a BSc.

Hope this all helps, Tom

Archived