Noxious?Introduced species.

beach pig

I have just took some blackbird eggs in which the father has abandoned. No mother has been seen on the nest at all. The father has not been on the the nest for two days. The nest has been ravaged but the eggs are still their. I am incubating the eggs and looked online for advice and what I read was bad. Quote/crush the eggs as they are a pest. Pest to what ?they eat worms and grubs. Then on another thread some lady rescued three blackbird fledglings and went to the RSPCA and the vet gave no advice but to euthanise the chicks as they are an introduced species. Lol look I am not a tree hugger but I do think everything should have a chance. Anyone out their who knows how to raise blackbird fledglings. Please don't talk about carp because I let them go too,why kill something you wont eat.I just keep snapper.

I was expecting a post about Poms! :-)

sorry can't help with the blackbirds but maybe try mashed worm as the mothers usually regurgitate food for their young

I googled and found a post in birds backyards.net forum.

Insectivor rearing mix by syringe every 2 hours. If you cover the cage they should only be awake from8.00 to 23.00!

I googled and found a post in birds backyards.net forum.

Insectivor rearing mix by syringe every 2 hours. If you cover the cage they should only be awake from8.00 to 23.00!

Birds back yards don't give a crap. The vet himself crushed the eggs he found on his garden?

Archived