Primary School Teacher Help Please.

Geoffrey Smith

Good afternoon all

My Partner and i are in the process of applying for a state nominated visa, as she is a primary school teacher. We are using Immigration2oz.co.uk (who have been fantastic Thanks John!!)

However the issue we now face is that the only state that we can apply to is WA (which require us to have a 12month contract before we can lodge the EOI)

I have looked on a few sites and it seems the market is very saturated and given the time of year unlikely any 12m contracts available till maybe later this year (Obviously we want to move ASAP)

Can anyone give any advise support or experience on how we should best proceed?

Many thanks

Geoff

I think people just have no idea how saturated the market is! There are thousands of young out of work teachers and very little going by way of long term stability. Your concept of regional/remote work is likely to be very different from the truth and definitely not your typical "Aussie lifestyle". I'm surprised that even WA is still sponsoring TBH. Come with your eyes wide open and don't resign if she currently has a permanent position - take a career break!

I think I'm right in saying there are plenty of recently qualified primary teachers in particular, but WA doesn't have the same saturation as the Gold Coast or Sydney I believe. Speaking to teachers (admittedly secondary) there is work around however mainly temporary/supply work. Getting a 12 month guarantee will prove very difficult I would imagine.

Archived