189 Accountant

Nisan

I am an Accountant seeking an opportunity to migrate to Australia with my husband under subclass 189.

I am a 26 years old B.Sc Accounting (special) graduate having 4 years working experience.

I got 7 for each band in academic module in IELTS and I got a positive skill assessment from CPA for my academic qualification. CPA has evaluated 2 years from my work experience as pre qualified experience.

I have sumbitted an EOI on 1st January for 189 visa. I have put my whole experience of 4 years under employment since they have not specifically requested post qualifying experience. So I had 60 marks with 5 for experience. I got an invitation on 9th.

But I am afraid to apply for the visa because of this experience issue. Could anyone please advise me was it wrong to put whole 4 years experience when submitting EOI? If I proceed with visa will my application get rejected?

(CPA has assessed whole 4 years of my experience is relevent to my occupation, 3 years at one of the big 4 auditing firm and one year at a multinational bank. But 2 out of 4 years are pre qualificaton experience)

The above is not true, an accounting degree is recognised by CPA or ICAA SK any post degree experience will count provided it is relevant. I am only part qualified ACCA but with an accounting degree and all 8 years since I graduated counted towards my relevant experience which I think is fair enough if you are doing the same job as someone with a price of paper. I think there is possiblyan alteria motive that the Australia bodies like to imply that ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ICAS etc are comparable to a degree and thus not to their standard. What ever the reason it's bonkers but is good news for you.

I am an Accountant seeking an opportunity to migrate to Australia with my husband under subclass 189.

I am a 26 years old B.Sc Accounting (special) graduate having 4 years working experience.

I got 7 for each band in academic module in IELTS and I got a positive skill assessment from CPA for my academic qualification. CPA has evaluated 2 years from my work experience as pre qualified experience.

I have sumbitted an EOI on 1st January for 189 visa. I have put my whole experience of 4 years under employment since they have not specifically requested post qualifying experience. So I had 60 marks with 5 for experience. I got an invitation on 9th.

But I am afraid to apply for the visa because of this experience issue. Could anyone please advise me was it wrong to put whole 4 years experience when submitting EOI? If I proceed with visa will my application get rejected?

(CPA has assessed whole 4 years of my experience is relevent to my occupation, 3 years at one of the big 4 auditing firm and one year at a multinational bank. But 2 out of 4 years are pre qualificaton experience)

The issue of “skilled employment” has become very contentious and each matter needs to be looked at in detail in order to provide an opinion. Details such as when the qualification was completed compared to when the work experience was undertaken are crucial.

My advice would be to proceed with caution and consider some professional advice.

The above is not true, an accounting degree is recognised by CPA or ICAA SK any post degree experience will count provided it is relevant. I am only part qualified ACCA but with an accounting degree and all 8 years since I graduated counted towards my relevant experience which I think is fair enough if you are doing the same job as someone with a price of paper. I think there is possiblyan alteria motive that the Australia bodies like to imply that ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ICAS etc are comparable to a degree and thus not to their standard. What ever the reason it's bonkers but is good news for you.

I understand that you are trying to help but this Advice could potentially cost the OP.

Your advice is based on your personal experience on a visa application which was lodged more than 2 years ago. Things have changed considerably since then, for both the skills assessment criteria and the visa Regulations. The Regulations have changed to such an extent, that it is not even the same Subclass of visa as when you applied.

• 2 weeks later...

When you say part qualified ACCA, what exams did you do?

i'm finishing my degree in accounting in July (so I can apply for a visa) but when I ask CPA if I have enough or should I study more' they ask me to send in my transcripts - even though I can't until I complete my degree.

i would rather take an extra exam before submitting my assessment in August.

I was worried about the Accounting theory.

I am a mature student & have been working as an Accountant for 10 years.

Just want to make sure I pass the CPA assessment. Thank You

I am doing my Accounting and Finance Degree, with my ACCA I got a pass through the first two years - just panicing that I have not covered all the areas. I have three kids, work as a finance manager - so put a lot into trying to get a visa. Thank you.

Can I withdraw my EOI after receiving an invitation without waiting for 2 months?

You can't withdraw your EOI until it is unblocked and you should definitely not lodge your visa application if you have claimed points for pre-qualification experience. You cannot simply do IELTS for Superior English to make up the points on the current EOI as your IELTS results must be valid at the date of INVITATION.

Do IELTS for Superior English (you can do the IELTS General test when it's purely for points) or you could do one of the alternative tests (TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic or Cambridge (CAE)) and when your current EOI is unblocked, submit another one claiming no work experience points. Just a hiccup at this stage but better than having your application denied and losing your VAC.

Archived