FBI clearance - fingerprints

bobby122

Hi guys

I need to get my fingerprints taken for my FBI clearance.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get them done cheaply in the UK. Our police station charges 72 pounds for 1 set. Whilst I don't mind paying it, I've read of many instances where they have been rejected and multiple prints end up being needed. Does it have to be a police station or can it be somewhere less 'official'; a post office/bank?

Thanks

Wish I had seen this yesterday. Glad you bumped it.

To my knowledge, there is no one who will do it in the UK for a reasonable price (I did a LOT of research).

I bought an ink pad, read the instructions on the FBI site, and set aside a couple hours to do six sets myself. I don't think it's recommended that you do your own, but I've seen instances of it being successful.

I couldn't justify the £72 with no guarantee they'd accept the prints.

FYI, waiting times are currently around 15 weeks for the processing!

Hi guys

I need to get my fingerprints taken for my FBI clearance.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get them done cheaply in the UK. Our police station charges 72 pounds for 1 set. Whilst I don't mind paying it, I've read of many instances where they have been rejected and multiple prints end up being needed. Does it have to be a police station or can it be somewhere less 'official'; a post office/bank?

Thanks

Contact them to find out exactly what they require, and who is acceptable to carry out the fingerprinting. I do not think that post offices or banks do fingerprinting.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips guys, will read up on doing it myself, don't know if I'd trust myself though lol. Someone post offices due fingerprinting for immigration applications for the Home Office but I think it is all scanning rather than ink. I will ring round a few more police stations to see if the prices varies at all.

Archived