Ielts

Counting Stars

Hello, is it worth me doing my IELTS in my final year of nursing or is it better for me to wait until I qualify and then do it. I understand it lasts for 2 years so I'm thinking it will be one thing out of the way before we apply for a visa which we will be doing as soon as we can after I qualify. Thank you :) xxx

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your situation. Do you need two years experience to potentially move to Oz? I'm thinking on the lines of probation years or state sponsorship stipulations (if you need it). What point score have you got? Have you completed the immi point score test? You do say you are planning to move as soon as you qualify so this is probably all worked out! You have to wait until you graduate so why not complete it in this timeframe? Do you need to hit a certain level in the scores? Getting 8's can be stressful!

I can see why you are tempted to crack on with it if you've been planning for quite some time!

In a similar situation as you! I have my final exams in the summer and since I have a long gap now with no other study requirements, I'm sitting my ielts end of January. Hoping to get all 8s but appreciate that this may not happen first time :P

Archived