457 - Current processing times

tbk

28 working days from the time they request the information or from the time you provide the extra information?

It didn't specify in official auto reply. But seems it means they will look into your additional information in 28 days.

I guess it was from the day requested.

As my nomination additional info asked and we provided on the same day but they still reply after nearly 28 working days.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I'm a bit frustrated with my case. As IMMI requested for additional information from my boss regarding the nomination in late June and he submitted it on 27/6. I then wait until now without further updates. It's the 57th working day today. My boss did not give me his TRN so I can't trace the status of the nomination.

I'm from LR country and heading to Melbourne. Just wondering if anything may get wrong.

Grateful if anyone can share useful information about the Melbourne council.

Hi guys, I'm a bit frustrated with my case. As IMMI requested for additional information from my boss regarding the nomination in late June and he submitted it on 27/6. I then wait until now without further updates. It's the 57th working day today. My boss did not give me his TRN so I can't trace the status of the nomination.

I'm from LR country and heading to Melbourne. Just wondering if anything may get wrong.

Grateful if anyone can share useful information about the Melbourne council.

What have Melbourrne council got to do with your 457?

Hi Nemesis, my friend in Oz told me that there are some paperworks to do with the State Council and the Association responsible for declaring the necessity of the nominated position.

And seems the awaiting time for people going to different States/Cities varies. Former posts suggested a longer wait for Brisbane while Sydney's are pretty efficient and stuck to the standard duration.

Hi Nemesis,

Your case sounds similar to my nomination process,

Nomination lodged 8 Mar

Additional info requested 6 May

Nomination approved 8 July

Took 4 months just for nomination, heading to Brisbane. I think your nomination latest result will before 27 Oct.

Then another 2 months for visa.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Can I have some advice please? My employer sponsorship has been approved and I am lodging my own 457 visa for me and my husband (I am the primary) Where and at what point do I get the HAP Number so that I can book the medical? I think I shall be another week getting document in place and wanted to book the medical now as there is a waiting list.

Also did anyone arrange Medicare prior to visa lodge? I am sure I have seen hat we need to provide evidence of this at lodgement? I know I need private medical insurance and I will arrange this with Bupa but wondered about Medicare also? As I thought I would of done this on arrival.

Starting to get a wee bit confused!:wideeyed::confused:

Can I have some advice please? My employer sponsorship has been approved and I am lodging my own 457 visa for me and my husband (I am the primary) Where and at what point do I get the HAP Number so that I can book the medical? I think I shall be another week getting document in place and wanted to book the medical now as there is a waiting list.

Also did anyone arrange Medicare prior to visa lodge? I am sure I have seen hat we need to provide evidence of this at lodgement? I know I need private medical insurance and I will arrange this with Bupa but wondered about Medicare also? As I thought I would of done this on arrival.

Starting to get a wee bit confused!:wideeyed::confused:

Hi Suzanne if you are from the uk you are entitled to Medicare but not until you are in Australia, therefore you need to arrange private healthcare to be able to be granted the visa ( I used frank)

Once you are over there you can get the Medicare and cancel your health insurance if you wish and you will still be abiding by the rules of the visa.

In regards to your medical, are you sure you need one? Your bio does say you are from U.K. If so then you only need to do if you are in a medical profession or childcare, look into it. I never had to as a hairdresser

Hope that all helps as for the HAP number if you need it I can't help as I never had to do it sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 may 24 - sbs and nomination approved ( sbs and nomination approved within 19 days)

2016 june 16 - visa lodged along with my wie and a 4 yrs old child

2016 june 24 - medical done

2016 june 25 - RPL certicicates submitted

2016 july 6 - my IELTS (3 years) certificate expired

It is almost 3 months now CO hasn't assigned my file yet. It is painful.

2016 may 24 - sbs and nomination approved ( sbs and nomination approved within 19 days)

2016 june 16 - visa lodged along with my wie and a 4 yrs old child

2016 june 24 - medical done

2016 june 25 - RPL certicicates submitted

2016 july 6 - my IELTS (3 years) certificate expired

It is almost 3 months now CO hasn't assigned my file yet. It is painful.

hi yad

it is my friend is been waiting for his son s visa since may 28 they ask for one document on 17 july and now no contact.so frustrating .

hi yad

it is my friend is been waiting for his son s visa since may 28 they ask for one document on 17 july and now no contact.so frustrating .

Hi sweetu, thanks for reply, i know many are waiting for their visas for long time, how do we know that co already assigned our file? I do not understand whether they send us an email requesting further documents if only they need those or they won't contact us if they don't need those documents.

Thanks

Hi sweetu, thanks for reply, i know many are waiting for their visas for long time, how do we know that co already assigned our file? I do not understand whether they send us an email requesting further documents if only they need those or they won't contact us if they don't need those documents.

Thanks

If they don't need anything they will not contact you. Many people get visas granted without ever hearing from their case officer.

If they don't need anything they will not contact you. Many people get visas granted without ever hearing from their case officer.

Hi Nemesis, thanks so much for your kind info. now i am clear on it. My MA doesn't know these things, he is new. Feeling good. Thanks again

Good news for me today mates. Visa was granted today

Visa Application Lodged: 15 June

Granted 16 June

Visa status went directly from Received to Finalised.

Time to start preparing for packing..

Hi adolfolsr, I don't understand the date you have mentioned of visa application date and visa grant date, anyway congrats mate, did you get any email regarding your file has open or co assign while your visa processing time?

Thanks

Hello yad!

My sponsor applied nomination sometime in early June.

I lodged visa application before receiving Nomination confirmation on June 16

More information was requested from sponsor late June

Nomination and visa were both approved September 16

I never got any emails from the DIBP. It went straight from Received to Finalised: Granted.

:)

Hello yad!

I never got any emails from the DIBP. It went straight from Received to Finalised: Granted.

thanks, it helps.

Hello yad!

Hi adolfolsr,

Congrats!! Did you get any no. like the nomination TRN from your sponsor to open an account for visa application or did it without?

Mine was a couple of weeks before you (sponsor applied nomination in late May and was asked for more information in late June) but then we are waiting until now without any update.

Yes, they did give me a TRN which I needed to lodge my visa application.

I forgot to say I applied with a HR Passport even though Im a dual citizen. Mexican - Spanish.

Thanks Adolfolsr. That's useful. Congratz again and best wishes for your stay in Oz! Hope I can join the lucky batch soon.

Can anyone please let me know that IELTS is mandatory for 457 sponsored Visa.

To my understanding, there are exemptions to those holding a passport of Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States or having AUD96,400 base annual salary.

Archived