457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MarshallR,

I didn't submit those forms. I followed the check list as per the link: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/457-/Temporary-Work-(Skilled)-visa-(subclass-457)-document-checklist-for-visa-applicants

My employer has sponsored a few people previously so I'm not sure if that helps with the process.

Hi dgqs - I applied under Architectural Draftsperson

Good luck with your applications.

Good news - visa granted today. I was a bit worried as I didn't use an agent and prepared the application without assistance. I was thorough with submitting a complete application in order that no further info would be required.

Timeline:

457 applied onshore (Melbourne) and I'm from UK: 26th July 2016

Nomination Approved: 16th August 2016

Visa granted: 17th August 2016

So JEALOUS! Nice one.

What is the current timeline for visa approval for High risk countries.

I am from india, have applied since may 2016 . they is no information till now form the immigration department.

My agent in australia says you have to wait.

I am from india, have applied since may 2016 . they is no information till now form the immigration department.

Hi, based on this forum seems current status of lodged on shore in Melbourne from UK is the quickest just 6 weeks or less

Destination to Brisbane is extremely slow now.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Im on same boat buddy, me too from India

timeline:

sponsorship and nomination lodged on 17th May 2016

visa lodged on 30th may

further info requested on 19th july submitted by 25 july

further info requested from employer regarding nomination on 5th Aug submitted on 12th aug

currents status: Assessment in progress.

MA in Australia

Hi laurenday I'm new on this site and we're just starting the move to Australia! My husband has been offered a sponsorship but I don't know if you could tell me but I was wondering who your migration agent was. They sounded great and anything that makes the process easier is always good!! Thank you ☺️ Kirsty

Hi guys,

one of my friend have applied for 457 and got his nomination approved but he got some docs request for his visa. He just want to know how long he has to wait after submitting requested docs. Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

In the Same position bro. I'm from India. I have applied in may 1st week but still waiting.

Hope you get it soon. I read another post where somebody from India have got the approval few days back and he applied in June. May I know the occupation that you have applied for if you don't mind. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a recent timeline?

I submitted my 457 visa application on the 29th July and the medical showed no further action required on the 17th August.

I didn't use a MA, hoping I have given all the information they need!

It's showing on immi as received so I'm guessing they haven't even looked at it yet.

Nikki

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a recent timeline?

I submitted my 457 visa application on the 29th July and the medical showed no further action required on the 17th August.

I didn't use a MA, hoping I have given all the information they need!

It's showing on immi as received so I'm guessing they haven't even looked at it yet.

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

I'm not using an MA too. Lodgment done on 14JUL (SYDNEY, NSW).

It also says no further action required for Medical.

Current status still showing received.... Hoping and praying it will come out soon.

Hi guys,

I'm new here. High Risk, Off shore.

Here's my timeline:

Nomination Application and Visa Application in the same day: May 17th, 2016

Request for docs: June 30

Request for Medical Exams (Chest Xray & Examination) & Medical Insurance: Aug. 18 (medical check finished on Aug 19 and auto-transfer to DIBP on Aug 22)

Nomination Approval: Today Aug. 23

Now it's my pleasure to join you guys in this waiting game. Frustrated with over 3 months waiting for Nomination T_T

Congrats Kevin!

Gosh I'm still waiting for mine!!! Just a few questions:

1. May I know your occupation and where are you headed to?

2. Did they approve of your visa application or is it just for the nomination?

3. What sort of medicals? I thought it was just chest xray?

Thanks!

Congrats Kevin!

Gosh I'm still waiting for mine!!! Just a few questions:

1. May I know your occupation and where are you headed to?

2. Did they approve of your visa application or is it just for the nomination?

3. What sort of medicals? I thought it was just chest xray?

Thanks!

Hi dgqs,

1/ I'm Finance Consultant and heading to Sydney.

2/ Just Nomination approval. It tooks more than 3 months man. I doubt that there's another 3 months for visa @_@

The week before last week, CO sent email to my MA and ask for explaination on why do my boss choose me in stead of local worker? My MA had to send explaination letter to CO last week and now my case've just approved.

3/ It depends, some guy asked for chest xray only but some cases they asked for medical examination as well. Nothing much and did not suck blood for test. That's fine for me :)

Anyway, all I can do now is get in line and cross my fingers ^^

Hi,

My Employer lodged a 457 nomination on the 12th July (I was advised by the employer to wait for approval before we go online and lodge our part of the application - as we are paying for the visa ourselves)

Still waiting for a response back - I believe it can take one to two months for this to come back with a yes or no - They are a approved sponsor, so I don't know why its taking so long :-(

Hi,

My Employer lodged a 457 nomination on the 12th July (I was advised by the employer to wait for approval before we go online and lodge our part of the application - as we are paying for the visa ourselves)

Still waiting for a response back - I believe it can take one to two months for this to come back with a yes or no - They are a approved sponsor, so I don't know why its taking so long :-(

Hi Suzanne,

May I know where are you heading?

If it's Queensland, it's extremely slow at the moment. Victoria seems processing a lot quicker.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

It is Queensland - it is a pain, as I was told by Early October I should be ready to board that plane. Now I have handed my notice into work (finish on Sept 16th - as needed to provide two months) and waiting to book furniture and dogs. It horrible being in limbo - waiting to know if and when you can go

It is Queensland - it is a pain, as I was told by Early October I should be ready to board that plane. Now I have handed my notice into work (finish on Sept 16th - as needed to provide two months) and waiting to book furniture and dogs. It horrible being in limbo - waiting to know if and when you can go

Re your dogs have you set all of the necessary procedures in place as they need to be done on exact dates close to when your pets fly out

Re your dogs have you set all of the necessary procedures in place as they need to be done on exact dates close to when your pets fly out

Yes - They had had all rabies and everything done - I started this in March this year. They getting measured up for crates this evening and then details sent to PetAir to arrange their import documents. I think once my employer visa part comes through ok, ill have a better idea of when they can fly and get that booked - most of the latter part of the vet visits (parasite treatment etc) have to be an exact 45 days before flight (you are right) We have the help of my husbands parents - so if it came to the worst and we had to fly to start job - they are happy to look after the dogs and take them for any last minute vet check before flight pick up. I am just hoping and praying it all comes together smoothly. But at least all the main part in terms of dogs are sorted.

Hi Suzanne,

My nomination lodged in 8 March and approved 8 July. From a low risk country and still took 4 months. My last application took only 6 weeks in total for nomination and visa approval in 2013.

Visa lodged 8 July this time, waiting.

I don't know what's going on, cases in Queensland since last year were delayed tremendously.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Archived