457 - Current processing times

tbk

All,

We finally have our visas!!! (timeline in the signature)

They requested the police certificates back in May, and although I am from a LR country, I have lived in 3 countries so we needed to submit 3 of them... The USA takes 13-15 weeks to issue one if you are not a citizen or permanent resident, so this took forever!!!!

One more comment: We submitted the certificates on May 12th, but nothing happened. I pushed my MA to call IMMI today and that triggered the visa approval, keep this in mind.

Good luck to you all!

5th November 2015: Application lodged.

8th November 2015: chest X-rays submitted and accepted.

6th February 2016: Nomination approved.

8th February 2016: Request for additional information (Police Certtificates)

12th May 2016: Additional information finally submitted

2nd June 2016: Visa approved!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All,

We finally have our visas!!! (timeline in the signature)

They requested the police certificates back in May, and although I am from a LR country, I have lived in 3 countries so we needed to submit 3 of them... The USA takes 13-15 weeks to issue one if you are not a citizen or permanent resident, so this took forever!!!!

One more comment: We submitted the certificates on May 12th, but nothing happened. I pushed my MA to call IMMI today and that triggered the visa approval, keep this in mind.

Good luck to you all!

5th November 2015: Application lodged.

8th November 2015: chest X-rays submitted and accepted.

6th February 2016: Nomination approved.

8th February 2016: Request for additional information (Police Certtificates)

12th May 2016: Additional information finally submitted

2nd June 2016: Visa approved!

Congratulations

How strange! Where are you applying from? And what occupation for your husband? And what state are you moving to?

Sorry about the questions, just we lodged applications at a similar time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

India to perth.....transport manager......MA is in perth...

Currently waiting for 457 approval. We are going to melbourne with my husbands employer (2 children in tow!) We have started the process of renting out property etc. his employer advised it will take 4-6 weeks! Is that not realistic in peoples experiences?

Currently waiting for 457 approval. We are going to melbourne with my husbands employer (2 children in tow!) We have started the process of renting out property etc. his employer advised it will take 4-6 weeks! Is that not realistic in peoples experiences?

Has nomination been approved? If so I think that 4-6 weeks is the standard time but lots of people have been waiting longer/shorter it's a total guessing game!

Has nomination been approved? If so I think that 4-6 weeks is the standard time but lots of people have been waiting longer/shorter it's a total guessing game!

Hi,

I have a silly question. How can I check my application status and if the nomination has been approved. As the application was lodged by my company the Department of Immigration refuse to disclose any information to me and I cannot see the application on https://online.immi.gov.au

Is there another way to check the progress?

Regards,

Yann

Hi,

I have a silly question. How can I check my application status and if the nomination has been approved. As the application was lodged by my company the Department of Immigration refuse to disclose any information to me and I cannot see the application on https://online.immi.gov.au

Is there another way to check the progress?

Regards,

Yann

you need TRN number to import your application, other thn this no idea how once can check,

i can see my visa application status received in immi account but doesn't know whether the SBS or nomination has been approved or not.

but as per the past posts in this forum the status does not change till its finalized so i don't think its really helpful..

you need TRN number to import your application, other thn this no idea how once can check,

i can see my visa application status received in immi account but doesn't know whether the SBS or nomination has been approved or not.

but as per the past posts in this forum the status does not change till its finalized so i don't think its really helpful..

Thank you Prita.

I have tried to import the application but it failed with the following error:

"An error has occurred

This type of application is not available for import.

To import an application that is not in your account provide the following information.

Note that not all applications lodged with the department can currently be displayed in ImmiAccount. See help text for details of the types of applications that can be imported."

The application being submitted by my company, I am not the designated contact on the application. I wonder if that is why I cannot import the application in my ImmiAccount.

Does anyone had a similar issue?

Regards,

Yann

ImmiAccount Import error.jpg

ImmiAccount Import error.jpg

Hello!

A case officer has recently been allocated to me, and asked for further documents. I submitted them few days after. Do you know how long it takes to get a final decision (approximately). Did anyone went through the same situation?

Thank you! :)

Hello!

A case officer has recently been allocated to me, and asked for further documents. I submitted them few days after. Do you know how long it takes to get a final decision (approximately). Did anyone went through the same situation?

Thank you! :)

Hiya,

My case officer has had all requested extra information since 18th April and I still havent had a decision :'( I think that long of a wait is unusual! I haven't seen many people post that a decision has taken this long! Hopefully mine is the exception rather than the rule!

Jen :-)

Hiya,

My case officer has had all requested extra information since 18th April and I still havent had a decision :'( I think that long of a wait is unusual! I haven't seen many people post that a decision has taken this long! Hopefully mine is the exception rather than the rule!

Jen :-)

Mine requested on 21 Feb and we provided on 08 March.

And still waiting ..........

Hi all,

Deepest thanks to our Lord...

After several months my long wait is over

Here is my timeline:

Dec. 1. 2015 ... submission of all docs to MA

Jan 12. 2016 .... medical exam

Jan 18. 2016 .... submissionnof result

Feb. 2. 2016 .... application lodge to immi

March to April ... some added documents requested and submitted

May 4. 2016 ....SBS Approved

May 5. 2016 .... nom approved

June 9. 2016 ... VISA GRANT (exactly 5 wks after my nomination has been approved)

I am from high risk country and bound to Sydney ☺

Goodluck guys just keep waiting and keep hoping....

one thing i am not clear abt is... i have read in few posts that medical is done even before submitting application or after few days visa is applied

but my MA said tht dibp will ask me to do medical n thn only i should go for medical n police checks...

i am from high risk country..

Actually my representative fr MA said that medical can be done anytime until immi requires it. but for us not to rush we chose to had our family be examined and submit it before the lodging to avoid or at least minimize the pulling in and out of docs. That is on our case and our preference

Hi guys~I am new here, I have some questions about renew 457working visa, my visa is 1.5years, need to renew at end of this year, anybody kowns it easy to renew 457 visa? Becsuse 457 visa become more hard to get than before~~~ I am too worry about my visa, thank you guys.

Is it true that if a new piece of information has to be provided it will be 6 weeks from receipt before the application will even be looked at again?

Been waiting more than 6 months for a decision, had to submit new info around month ago because the agent ignored info that was presented during the initial application.

Archived