457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Junglegirl

Hi thre

I submitted mine on 9/02/16 payment was taken and nomination was in place already going for medical school this pm .So fingers crossed been told some are getting theirs within 10days??????Still in UK so will see wonder how many days it takes for Medicaid to be sent to DIAC

@siebzzehn any progress on your application? nothing on my side. Sent an email to immi a week ago, will be interesting if I'll hear back from them these days now.

Hi @jmo. the immigration department has requested my police records for the past 10 years and that means 3 countries! It might take me a long time to get all the info, so we are trying to get this request waived, let's see if we manage to do it.

Good luck to you all.

Oh no! Do you know why they requested police certificates? I'm from Germany and lived in Australia and Canada for the past 5 years and I'm concerned whether I would be asked for police certificates as well, as I also don't want the process taking even longer because of that. :unsure:

Hi @jmo. the immigration department has requested my police records for the past 10 years and that means 3 countries! It might take me a long time to get all the info, so we are trying to get this request waived, let's see if we manage to do it.

Good luck to you all.

Oh no! Do you know why they requested police certificates? I'm from Germany and lived in Australia and Canada for the past 5 years and I'm concerned whether I would be asked for police certificates as well, as I also don't want the process taking even longer because of that. :unsure:

I don't...

I hope they don't request them for you.

Hi siebzzehn

am new in this forum , i'm in the same boat as you guys , my application has been lodged 11/1/2016 , i submitted all the documents including Form 80's , application lodged by MA , i'm an Egyptian working in Saudi Arabia , they didn't ask for Medical check , and from the time the application lodged the status has not been changed from "Application Received"

My question to

siebzzehn

where are you from ? and what countries did you visit and required to get a police clearance from there ? i know that they requesting these police clearance when you apply for PR , but it is my first time to hear that it is required for 457 Visa , and i think it is a little bit related to your native countries or the countries that you have worked in during the last 10 years

Hi siebzzehn

where are you from ? and which countries you worked on the last 10 years ? may be this is related to their demand

am new here and this is my timeline

Egyptian / Software Developer

Application Lodged by MA : 11/1/2016

All documents submitted including Form 80's

Current status : Application received

Have you been asked to provide form 80? As far as I can see, it's not required in the standard process.

Yah . My MA Asked me to provide it for me and my wife , actually i don't know why it is required for some and not the others but i assumed that it is required for famlies , anyhow i heared from a colleague that there is a long backlog due to syrians rafugees (not sure) of that , but let's hope it won't take too much time

Morning!

Apologies if I'm incorrect!![emoji51] as we did our application back last May so the process may have changed?

But I was under the impression from our MA that both police clearances and medicals were both essential for an application Permanent or temporary? For a 457 Medicals are just the simple ones for main applicant, and police clearances have to be for all on visa application? I think we had medicals requested after they look at your case. Medicals were the last thing for us.

As medicals can be expensive ,immi don't ask for them until they are needed to take you application to the next stage. I guess also just Incase an application is denied at the early stage?

We are from the uk and a v simple case for immi to work on and still have to provide all of this.Also I think a form 80 has to be submitted as standard? Given the info you have to provide on it?! No sure why any applicant would not have to? At least the form is easier now! When we applied we have to provide ALL address history and travel history, at least it's only for 10 years now lol![emoji1303]Again apologies if I'm wrong! Just our experiences of the 457 process.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well i'm only sure about medicals , yea it is no longer required starting from 26 Nov 2015 , for some countries including mine , but its very weired that you have been asked to provide PCC as you are from england , also i read in another thread that it is not required unless you answered one of the character questions with NO , however it is essential in PR

Hi All,

New poster, but not new to the forum :)

Keen to see how people are getting on with 457 nomination and visa approval times. Seems to be a bit of variation at the moment given the backlog.

Nomination and Visa application submitted by MA on 28th Jan - hoping for a quick turnaround.

Archived