457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Australia on both working holiday visa's. I worked (within the appropriate time frame) for a particular employer who agreed to sponsor me as I was what they needed on a permanent basis. The application for 457 was sent 21st September, nomination was approved 16th December but still waiting for my part to come through. Seems to be taking forever. Both my parents and brothers are out there all on my dad's 457 visa. So I have been unfortunate to miss Christmas, New Year, Australia day and my brothers engagement. Hopefully I will hear real soon so I'm not spending my birthday alone. I've sent a couple of emails to immi but it doesn't seem to give me many answers when they respond. Is it normal for it to take so long between the nomination getting approved to the 457 being granted?

What do you mean by this? Your employer did nominate you for the job right? That's what you need for the 457

yes my employer had nominated me and its approved but want to know do the CO checked for my previous job verification in 457 visa? I am applying from offshore and haven't told about 457 to current employer as don't want to loose jobs and change their attitudes towards me before the visa grant.

Hi Folks,

Got an update from an employer they need to submit more information why they are hiring ... so they need to provide more information and told me to wait for another 2 weeks...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Good Luck Sath! can I ask when your nomination was submitted and how long did it for it to be approved? Thanks

Good Luck Sath! can I ask when your nomination was submitted and how long did it for it to be approved? Thanks

Hi,

I don't know about the Nomination approval... it is sponsored so got the TRN Number details on 14th Dec 2015... can i say that is Nomination approval?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Congrats!!! Did you submit your nomination at the same time? How long did it take for it to be approved?

The nomination from the company was done prior maybe a couple of weeks but i did have to send it further docs in Jan2016 so they must be looking at the UK files now!!!Good luck mate

The nomination from the company was done prior maybe a couple of weeks but i did have to send it further docs in Jan2016 so they must be looking at the UK files now!!!Good luck mate

Congrats ozorbust! Great news and finally some good news here in the forum again! Do you know if the nomination and your application got approved the same day?

Anybody with aa lodge date in November that still has "Application Received" status? Nothing has changed for me and today I am at the 3 month mark and it is killing me!

My 457 visa was lodged as 24th November and still has 'application received'. Bridging visas granted the same day.

Im in a kind of weird position where my company has moved me here to found a subsidiary company. I've done all that as CEO on a 600 visa travelling to and from Asia.

Once the company was formed we applied to be able to sponsor alien employees with me as the named person responsible for sponsorship, even though I am foreign and not employed here (done and accepted early November) now my own 457 is just stuck in the waiting loop.

In affect, I'm accepted as the head of the company which is sponsoring my own application, despite not being employed here (yet)

When the company was accepted we got a letter specifically naming me saying now I can proceed with the 457 application for me.

I'm from the UK so considered 'low risk' (based on the Immi category of being able to get an electronic 600 visa) so processing times should be 2 months however my wife is Thai so high risk.

That said, the migration agent said my wife's application is just automatic and mine is the primary.

If mine is granted, hers will be too.

Im also stuck here now which is really annoying and restrictive to my work because my 600 visa expired in January and I'm on a non-travel bridging visa meaning I can stay until 28 days after the end of 3 months from my last entry date (takes it up to April) but if I leave, I can't get back in unless I apply for anther 600 visa.

i was told I could apply for another 600 but only from outside of Australia but the risk is it will either not get granted (because the 457 is in process) or confuse and delay the main 457 application)

I'm not worried about the application because I'm sure it will be OK however I'm just a bit frustrated by how long it's taking and not really being able to chase it up as its restricting my ability to travel.

Plan is, once granted, my company will just transfer my employment to here.

I think think it's also been made a little complicated due to my work. I had to declare any period of more than 3 months outside my country of origin in the last 5 years in 'high risk' countries for the health assessment. I've spent the last 6 years based in Beijing supporting SE Asia and actually haven't spent more than 3 months in one place but all of the period within SE Asia bar about 1 month total back in UK.

Of course, at the time I had no I had to keep a record so I had to go through 3 full passports worth of stamps to create a total record of all travel over this time in chronological order with number of days in each place just to show there were no single 3 month blocks in any one country :-/

We've actually been here in Melbourne for a year already on and off with the 600 visas but now I'm being forced to get the 457 because my head office want me to move my salary here and consider this a permanent placement (potentially renewing the 457 after the 2 year limit and so on....) I'm not overly excited about it to be honest. It's not all it's cracked up to be living here and I've never been so unhappy so whilst this application is going through to tick the box for my company, I'm actually looking to move jobs and get out and back to Asia ;-)

Anybody with aa lodge date in November that still has "Application Received" status? Nothing has changed for me and today I am at the 3 month mark and it is killing me!

hey, i lodged my application on nov 30th . i got an email on 19th jan requesting more information so sent that off straight away .

the nomination wasnt approved until 19th jan also and after speaking to Aus immi on the phone i found out that they dont start looking at your application until the nomination is approved . so they will just be looking at your application now

Archived