457 - Current processing times

tbk

dv4, do you remember when the status on your immi account changed from application received to being processed?

just thought I'd update everyone...

457 lodged online on 30/10/2015, offshore

Approval received 27/11/15, Brisbane Office

was told by employer that turnaround time for previous applications was about 2 weeks. Not sure why mine took almost 4 weeks. Had the only single request for information such as passport, marriage, birth certs and health insurance cert. perhaps it's the end of the year...everyone's in a holiday mood? ;)

good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jmo,

I think it changed to "processing" within a week but then stayed that way for almost a month, until it got finalised!

good luck!

dv4

dv4, do you remember when the status on your immi account changed from application received to being processed?

Thanks dv4. My status is still on application received, since over 3 weeks - drives me nuts.

Canada2Australia and TimTam - any updates on your side?

Hi jmo,

I think it changed to "processing" within a week but then stayed that way for almost a month, until it got finalised!

good luck!

dv4

Nothing yet. It's still listed as "application received". The wait is killing me. I'm becoming less and less confident I'll get a definitive answer before the New Year, unfortunately.

Likewise. Normally looking at recent processing times I'd expect yours to be any day this week, or early next week, but due to a) changes to medical requirements 20th Nov and b) Christmas, I'm thinking the process will be a little longer and then run into the holidays :(

Likewise. Normally looking at recent processing times I'd expect yours to be any day this week, or early next week, but due to a) changes to medical requirements 20th Nov and b) Christmas, I'm thinking the process will be a little longer and then run into the holidays :(

In terms of these new medical requirements, will it affect people like us much? I mean, we are both from low-risk countries. Would it not be more applicable to those from higher-risk countries? n reading through the newer medical requirement, I was given the impression that it had to do more with countries that are more prone to illnesses like TB and others.

In terms of these new medical requirements, will it affect people like us much? I mean, we are both from low-risk countries. Would it not be more applicable to those from higher-risk countries? I really don't know.

457 had an exclusion for medical examination (previously just x-ray), but that got removed on Nov 20th, so many many more people (from those not listed in the approved countries) will now have to submit medical examinations. So it won't affect your application itself, but I'm assuming those applications in front of you now need more work and scrutiny, hence may cause delays.

457 had an exclusion for medical examination (previously just x-ray), but that got removed on Nov 20th, so many many more people (from those not listed in the approved countries) will now have to submit medical examinations. So it won't affect your application itself, but I'm assuming those applications in front of you now need more work and scrutiny, hence may cause delays.

Bah, that is crap. IMHO, they should be separating the low-risk country applications from those of high-risk nations. This way, the rest of us would not be inconvenienced due to a change in requirements that don't really apply to us.

Bah, that is crap. IMHO, they should be separating the low-risk country applications from those of high-risk nations. This way, the rest of us would not be inconvenienced due to a change in requirements that don't really apply to us.

They may do, but I presume they still have a finite number of workers, so they'd still have two piles to work through (so even if they split their workforce, that means there's less people looking at one pile, so nothing quicker in the long run).

Who knows though, it may not have affected their workload. For all we know it may speed things up, e.g. they take a quick look and click a button "require medical" and move onto the next application. Until someone reports on here they got approved we can't tell.

They may do, but I presume they still have a finite number of workers, so they'd still have two piles to work through (so even if they split their workforce, that means there's less people looking at one pile, so nothing quicker in the long run).

Who knows though, it may not have affected their workload. For all we know it may speed things up, e.g. they take a quick look and click a button "require medical" and move onto the next application. Until someone reports on here they got approved we can't tell.

Yeah, hopefully it isn't affecting our processing times. I would almost dare to wish that there was a number shown on our status to show how many applicants are ahead of us until ours is selected for evaluation. But then again, seeing a gargantuan-looking number might make me even more frustrated haha

Thanks dv4. My status is still on application received, since over 3 weeks - drives me nuts.

Canada2Australia and TimTam - any updates on your side?

It took all of a month for my application to be approved, from the time of complete submission. Perhaps it was because my application period straddled the time the website and medical exam changes came in. I was just praying that my approval would come before mid-December as I was told(rumour) that processing really slowed down from then until early Jan. (I know this doesn't help at all...but that's the info that I was given)

What were the new changes to the health questionnaire/medical exam?

Wishing everyone luck with their applications...hopefully there's good news in your Christmas stockings!

Out of curiosity, after "application received", what is the next statement that one would see on their application status on their Immuaccount? Something like "application under review" or something like that?

'Processing' and 'Assessment in progress' if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, after "application received", what is the next statement that one would see on their application status on their Immuaccount? Something like "application under review" or something like that?

What does yours say Canada?

Hi All, new to this forum.

My partner's employer (a large company who is used to 457 sponsorships) submitted our visa application on October 2nd on our behalf, I believe to the Sydney office (since we are to be in the Sydney company office). We are from a low-risk country (Canada) and for a high-skilled job. We are now on week 11 and haven't heard anything, and everything is going through HR (so we can't even check!). The (not-so-helpful) Human Resources person from the employer basically told us she will look into it in mid-January. I am getting nervous there is an issue? I really wanted to have my children registered for school start, but that is looking less likely each day!

My partner's employer (a large company who is used to 457 sponsorships) submitted our visa application on October 2nd on our behalf, I believe to the Sydney office (since we are to be in the Sydney company office). We are from a low-risk country (Canada) and for a high-skilled job. We are now on week 11 and haven't heard anything, and everything is going through HR (so we can't even check!). The (not-so-helpful) Human Resources person from the employer basically told us she will look into it in mid-January. I am getting nervous there is an issue? I really wanted to have my children registered for school start, but that is looking less likely each day!

You need to create an account on Immuaccount. Once you do that, get your TRN number from the person who lodged your application. Then, you can enter that number into your Immuaccount and you will be linked up to your application and can then view the status of your application yourself. It's what I did and now I can see the application and it's status myself.

I'm also waiting for the outcome of my 457 application. It's likely not going to happen until the New Year, unfortunately.

Hi there,

Your application will most likely be in the processing centre in the state that your husband's head office resides. That's how it usually works. Not always though.

Ask the employer for the TRN. You are entitled to have those details.

Do you know if your nomination has been approved yet?

Once you have the TRN you can create an immi account and see the status. It won't affect the application you're just viewing it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks to you both! I thought (and insisted to my partner!) that we should have the # but HR has so far refused. I will get that TRN. The head office is in Sydney (as is his position).

Fingers crossed we get it tonight (i can dream!) but otherwise I will get my partner to follow up with HR. I hope the helpful Canadian HR person can convince the unhelpful Australian one to give it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone, I hadn't checked my Immuaccount in about 5 or 6 days figuring that the holiday season would yield no result in my visa application. I decided to check about 15 minutes ago because something told me I should check it. Lo and behold, the status changed to "finalised" as of December 24th. So based on that, I'm assuming that my 457 was granted December 24!!! So I'm officially moving to Darwin!!! I'm still in a bit of shock. I was expecting no movement until well into January due to the holiday season. Instead, I ended up with the best Christmas gift ever!!! I am so thankful to our Lord for blessing me with this opportunity of a lifetime; this is only happening because of him!

So I would suggest everyone stay faithful; your time will come soon enough :)

Congrats C2A,

what a lovely X'mas gift!

when did you say you submitted your application? How long did it take?

When do you leave for Darwin?

congrats again...

Thanks dv4. Indeed a great gift!

The nomination and 457 visa application were lodged November 24th (sponsorship already granted). Granted December 24th, so four weeks exactly from time of lodging to time of grant.

Archived