Police check and medical help please

thelaurakate

Hi I'm applying for my PR in feb through the ENS 186 I think ( been with my employer for 2 years) do I need to be invited to get my police check and medical done? Where's best place to get them and how much do they cost and how long do they take? Any advice greatly appreciated thank you x

Hi,

You can only get your medical done through the approved immigration clinic which if you are living in Australia is Bupa. As you have been living in Australia you will also need an Australian Federal Police check (you can do this online and it is about $45). The medical cost will vary depending on what you are required to have done (my medical cost about $350 and I had it done in Bupa in Melbourne). You will also need to have police checks done from every country that you have lived for a period of time. Check the immigration website for the acceptable police authorities in each country. You don't need to be invited to have these done as you will require them for a permanent visa. For the medical, however, you will need to create and account and fill in the medical questionnaire to get the medical referral letter as this tells you what tests etc are required.

The medical can take about 2 hours to do when you are there and then they say 5 days to give the results to immigration (if all straight forward and you don't need any further medicals etc). The police checks vary according to country, the Australia one was very quick and only took about 2 weeks and my UK police check took about a month.

Good luck,

Amy

Hi,

You can only get your medical done through the approved immigration clinic which if you are living in Australia is Bupa. As you have been living in Australia you will also need an Australian Federal Police check (you can do this online and it is about $45). The medical cost will vary depending on what you are required to have done (my medical cost about $350 and I had it done in Bupa in Melbourne). You will also need to have police checks done from every country that you have lived for a period of time. Check the immigration website for the acceptable police authorities in each country. You don't need to be invited to have these done as you will require them for a permanent visa. For the medical, however, you will need to create and account and fill in the medical questionnaire to get the medical referral letter as this tells you what tests etc are required.

The medical can take about 2 hours to do when you are there and then they say 5 days to give the results to immigration (if all straight forward and you don't need any further medicals etc). The police checks vary according to country, the Australia one was very quick and only took about 2 weeks and my UK police check took about a month.

Good luck,

Amy

Thanks Amy! really helpful!

Hi,

Good luck,

Amy

Hi Amy, sorry quick q... so I have downloaded the ACPO form for uk police check... but did you get someone in uk to send it off for you? or can I do a bankers draft from her but then that will be in $$$?? or post it bk to my mum and get her to send off with a uk cheque? what did you do? thank you

Hi Amy, sorry quick q... so I have downloaded the ACPO form for uk police check... but did you get someone in uk to send it off for you? or can I do a bankers draft from her but then that will be in $$$?? or post it bk to my mum and get her to send off with a uk cheque? what did you do? thank you

We sent ours to OH's mum and she sent it to them with a cheque. Much easier to organise.

Archived