Partner visa - online application and departments closure

Vikki81

Hi All,

It is I once again (after I said I wouldn't be annoying anymore) :rolleyes:. I had another question - If someone lodges an online partner visa application say today or tomorrow (to beat January's price increase) will this count as being submitted even though the Department of Immigration will be closed for the next couple of days?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD]25 December[/TD]

[TD]Christmas Day[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[TD]All offices in Australia closed[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26 December[/TD]

[TD]Boxing Day[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29 December[/TD]

[TD]APS Holiday[/TD]

[TD]All[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I lodged mine (PMV) yesterday - I guess if they take your money, it is in, in plenty of time. I will be adding more docs at a later date - didn't have them all to hand at the time. Go for it!

.....ah, just read more about your circumstances.....you might want to hang on a bit.......

We have been doing the long distance thing for years, it is possible!! All the best.....

If they take your payment, you have applied for the visa. It's quite possible that the online system will continue to operate even when the department is closed - I think that getting to the payment stage is automatic but in any case, the department will be operating on the 30th and 31st and the price rise doesn't take effect until 1st January.

And I'm not sure were @Wan2go is coming from telling you to 'hang on a bit'. You're married with a child and have been in a relationship for several years so there should be no problem with getting at least a temporary/provisional Partner visa even if your husband doesn't get a permanent visa from the outset.

EDIT:

I see that the partnership scenario I've referred to in this post is not your actual situation (thanks Peach). In that case, you should be very wary about applying for a Partner visa at this stage.

That was a theoritical question. Her circumstances as described are "I'm in Australia and my boyfriend is in England. I met him last January and we have been in contact ever since. We regularly skype and call each other. But we have never lived together. I want to sponsor him for a partner visa. I've researched that to be classified as a de-facto partner you need to have lived together. Is there a way around this other then registering the relationship or him coming here on a tourist visa?

Thank you".

Archived