Need a sponsor for pest control

Ozplease

Hi everyone and thanks to those who replied to me.

My works company here in the uk have a presence all over the world my company here in the uk said if you want to be relocated we can do that for you so I asked them and they have replied with sorry we don't sponsor people but if you find a way over here we will employ you , after building my hopes up the way they did saying yes we can and will get you in but really I think they just thought I wasn't serious and that I would just go away. We thought that would be it but a friend of ours said they where looking and he also is a pest control technician but he is going down the route of finding a sponsor in oz first then applying for a visa and I was just wandering how realistic this way is as regards will he find a sponsor how long can it take and if he finds a sponsor what visa will he apply for. I am in his position as well so can I do this , does the sponsoring company pay for me to move over there as regards flights finding somewhere for me and my family to live do they offer any help at all, I am so disappointed at this time with my company and it has disheartened me and my family

sorry it's so long winded but thanks in advance

Ozplease

Edited by Ozplease
Spelling mistakes

If you want to go for the sponsored route you'll need to apply for jobs the same kind of way as the UK (respond to job add with application, get shortlisted, interview etc). Seek.com is a popular place to find advertised jobs. However, a 457 visa has many draw backs... and you prob need to research those. How long it takes to find a sponsor is impossible to say! depends on how good you are at finding a job, whether the employer is eligible to sponsor, whether they fulfil the criteria, and of course your job needs to be on the CSOL or the SOL list.

Otherwise, you'd be looking at skilled independent visa.

Whether a company provides any financial assistance for relocation is entirely open ended. Some will provide nothing, others may provide a lot. It depends how much they want you maybe? There are no hard and fast rules on that one...

Edited by Tickled Pink

In order to be eligible for a 457 or 186 employer sponsored visa, your occupation must be on the CSOL and Pest Controller isn't on there. For an employer sponsored 187 RSMS visa, your occupation must be Skill Level 1 - 3. On the ANZSCO list of Australian occupations, Pest or Weed Controller (ANZSCO code 841912) is listed as Skill Level 5 (very low skilled) and the task description is:

Applies pest or weed management techniques to kill and control pests or weeds in domestic, commercial and industrial areas, roadsides, and private and public lands.

If that broadly describes what you do, I'm afraid you may not be eligible for any work visa. You should consult an experienced RMA for advice on your options (if any).

Hi everyone and thanks to those who replied to me.

My works company here in the uk have a presence all over the world my company here in the uk said if you want to be relocated we can do that for you so I asked them and they have replied with sorry we don't sponsor people but if you find a way over here we will employ you , after building my hopes up the way they did saying yes we can and will get you in but really I think they just thought I wasn't serious and that I would just go away. We thought that would be it but a friend of ours said they where looking and he also is a pest control technician but he is going down the route of finding a sponsor in oz first then applying for a visa and I was just wandering how realistic this way is as regards will he find a sponsor how long can it take and if he finds a sponsor what visa will he apply for. I am in his position as well so can I do this , does the sponsoring company pay for me to move over there as regards flights finding somewhere for me and my family to live do they offer any help at all, I am so disappointed at this time with my company and it has disheartened me and my family

sorry it's so long winded but thanks in advance

Ozplease

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a preliminary assessment? If it is clear that you do not have reasonable visa prospects, or a pathway for developing a strategy, a reputable RMA will tell you so.