Help! 189 Visa Offshore applicants but onshore partner

liliannn

I am applying 189visa offshore and get CO assigned. I would like to include my partner in my application actually, however, he is holding a 457 visa now and in Australia. If I add him to my application, seems bridging visa won't be issued for him right? And he need to leave Australia in 28 days. Any other suggestion in this way? I don't want to apply the partner visa for him after my visa is granted, as partner visa takes up to 18months soon and the price is 6800 something.

Any suggestion will be appreciated thanks

If you include him in your application you need to show evidence that you have been in ax defacto relationship at least 12 months before applying, if you are not currently living together you will need to provide high level of proof that your relationship in genuine and continuing.

Bridging visas come come with the same work rights as previous visas and only kick in when the original visa expires not cancelled, therefore if sponsored on 457 visa and not working for the sponsor the bridging visa will. to give work rights to work else where if the 457 is still valid.

Has his 457 visa expired?

If you include him in your application you need to show evidence that you have been in ax defacto relationship at least 12 months before applying, if you are not currently living together you will need to provide high level of proof that your relationship in genuine and continuing.

Bridging visas come come with the same work rights as previous visas and only kick in when the original visa expires not cancelled, therefore if sponsored on 457 visa and not working for the sponsor the bridging visa will. to give work rights to work else where if the 457 is still valid.

Has his 457 visa expired?

thanks lebourvellec, you are right for the relationship proof. We have been living together since last October til Late June this year. And after we travelled one month together in his hometown this September , and get pics proof with his family. So far, we also get address proof of living together, jointed bank account, travel e ticket. Do you think it's enough?

and about bridging visa, as I said I applied offshore, so bridging visa will not be granted in this case? And then seems my onshore partner 's 457 visa will be cancelled as I add him on my 189visa (his 457 visa will be expired in 2018) and he has to leave australia in 28 days. Am I correct?

TBH the evidence you have is quite minimal, a defacto is living together like married couple without the piece of paper. Considering you haven't lived together for the last 6 months+ before the visa is granted. I'm not judging your relationship but the paper trail you have is not what is normally expected, plus you need a high level of proof that the separation is temporary and still together. Is there a reason why you are not currently living together? Why are you not included on his 457 as defacto? It expires in 2018 so was only granted this year, 457 visa only require 6 month defacto evidence.

Regardless of that his visa will not be canceled if he is included on your application as defacto. So no this is not correct, I believe a valid application a bridging visa will be issues even if secondary applicant, considering his current visa doesn't expire for 3 years, should never need the bridging visa.

Thank you so much for the kind reply from lebourvellec and Maggie. I understand now more that he doesn't need a bridging visa at all as long as his 457 visa is not expired and the 457 visa still takes effect.

however, federal police check is required. Does anyone know if someone gets drink driving in June this year and speeddriving,will there any impact on the visa application? And will the federal police check takes longer time to process? And fingerprint maybe required?

looking forward to anyone reply ! thanks so much

Archived