Joining the Australian Navy

Guest eleg

Hi All my I just say what a fab site , Its really good.

Just wondering if there was anyone here who has left the British Royal Navy and joined the Australian Navy ??

Would be greatful for any advise, My husband who has done 12 years service is really thinking of doing this as my parents are going out there but would relly like some info especially on pensions and pay Thanks all in advance and have a good day

Guest spray21

Not sure if this will be helpful or not but I know there are several people on here who are going to Oz with the Aussie Army, having left navy/army in Britain. For us, pay is comparable when worked out by living standards/purchasing power, although if you do a direct conversion then the pay in oz is less than in the UK. They have been brilliant with the whole process so far of visas etc, and we've friends who've made the transition already who are really happy there.

Can you not contact the Aussie navy direct to ask your questions? Not that there won't be lots of people on here willing to help, but it might be best for you to get the most uptodate answers straight from the horses mouth?

Good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived