Police check not clear for residency..

dean1909

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any advise.

My partner and I are looking to apply for our residency in the next couple of months (489 skilled regional)

However just getting his police check back and him being a very stupid young idiotic male, it has come back with a thing he went to court for several months ago. It does say next to it, no conviction $500 fine (the outcome of the court case)

Does anyone know how much this is going to impact our chances of residency?

Please don’t judge and give lectures of its his own fault tough luck etc. I have already given him enough of that trust me! I do plan on making an immigration appointment with a lawyer in the new year. I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience of simular in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any advise.

My partner and I are looking to apply for our residency in the next couple of months (489 skilled regional)

However just getting his police check back and him being a very stupid young idiotic male, it has come back with a thing he went to court for several months ago. It does say next to it, no conviction $500 fine (the outcome of the court case)

Does anyone know how much this is going to impact our chances of residency?

Please don’t judge and give lectures of its his own fault tough luck etc. I have already given him enough of that trust me! I do plan on making an immigration appointment with a lawyer in the new year. I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience of simular in the past?

Thanks in advance!

You're worrying unnecessarily. He'll need to declare the offence on the visa application, but something that minor is most unlikely to affect the outcome adversely. Don't bother consulting a lawyer about it if that's all you want to ask about - save your money for the rest of the process and the move. Check out the character test - you'll see that a fine with no conviction recorded won't be a problem.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/79character.htm

Thank you for the feedback!

I still might lead the boy on a little bit so hopefully he wont be so stupid in future!!! Men!!

We will be doing the application through a immi lawyer anyway so will declare everything to them.

Cant wait for this whole visa process to be over!!

It is not a hard and fast thing, but to an extent it will depend on what the offence was. Especially if it involved drugs or violence then your partner could have some difficulty and it would be best to take professional advice, particularly since the offence took place recently and in Australia.

Archived