Dependency (over18)

richardcoull

Hey guys

There is a small issue that has been stressing me out for a long time.I applied CPV 143 in april2013 and we just got our CO.Everything is fine with my documents(PCC,medical and other stuff) and even my son is fully dependent on me.

CO asked for proof of dependency for my son and asked to complete a dependency questionnaire and 47A form.My son was 17yo( now 19 ) when i applied for the visa, i was certainly not expecting this.

What i gave for proof-

1.My son is doing distance education, so i gave them enrollment letter and payment reciept.

2.My son went to my daughter for a visit in 2013- i gave them receipt of airline tickets paid by me.

3.Proof of residence-His(son) letters stating my house address.

Is that should be fine ? or should i have given more?

I would really appreciate if u guys can help me out.

Hey diana

Thank you for your response.

He never filed tax returns and he never had a bank account.His only financial source is me.

I was browsing other posts related to dependency and i found out that full time education is required?it it true? or distance education can work too?

Yes, this is what they say but I have read posts here that part time is also acceptable, as long as the dependent has no other income.

Also, was he 17 when you got invited and submitted the application?

May be you will be OK as he was under 18 at that time but I am not sure.

As far as I know, for the age of the applicants, they take into consideration the age at the date of application.

It is only logical that the same rule will apply for the dependents but again, I am not an expert.

Archived