UK house sale fall through

Guest kutsu

Hi All,

My OH and I had put our UK house on the market in August got an offer within a week and for the last few weeks due to exchange, today we find out that someone further down the chain has pulled out which have seriously messed up our plans for leaving for Oz in January, luckily we are a bit flexible on dates as we are planning on doing a 2-3 month tour round the country before settling in Perth in May we where also holding off paying for flights until the house had exchanged so we havent really lost any money but have spent the last few months waiting.

Does anyone have a similar experience or sold their house from Australia, I am just a bit wary of doing this in-case it falls through once we have left, we are lucky that our employers are keeping us on till the end of January but thats not all that far from now, any help would be appreciated :)

You could rent your home out in the UK, if you cannot sell it in time. My home in England has been rented out for the past six years. Just get yourself a decent real estate agent to manage it. I don't know about selling a home in the UK from Australia. You don't physically have to see the solicitors and real estate agents, and I guess it just means a delay whilst you post forms back and forth?

Our house sale fell through twice before actually selling. We couldn't afford to move until it was sold so we had no choice but to wait. I was starting a course here. We had planned on travelling for at least six months before it started. We ended up arriving two days before it started.

Thanks all, we already have 3 viewings lined up this week, its only been back on the market for 24 hours and specified no chain to the agents, so dont think we will have too much of a problem, I did think about renting but we would need some of the money for our trip and also if we decide to buy in Aus further down the line might be a bit of a headache, I'm a bit wary of selling it once we have already moved over as its just more risk if things for pear shaped.

Guest guest30085

I sold my house whilst in Australia. All the paperwork was sent via email other than a couple of documents which needed my signature, and I just had to print those off and post to the UK. It was all fairly straightforward.

I sold my house whilst in Australia. All the paperwork was sent via email other than a couple of documents which needed my signature, and I just had to print those off and post to the UK. It was all fairly straightforward.

I'm considering selling my UK property to put down a deposit on a place over here and would be interested in others' experience is doing so remotely.....

Archived